Notices

Hi, thx for a really great app!

Some thoughts about improving:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnv5chkgd4pl6nk/pcam_app.png

1. Make horizontal sliders smaller and more transparent or even hide them. Horizontal swipe anywhere on a screen can change primary parameter, two-finger horizontal swipe can change secondary. Vertical swipe is for manual focus.

2. Make manual focusing slider more informative. Hyperfocal range (blue segment) will be very helpfull with such small sensor.

3. Make mode/focus/raw-jpg/flash modes collapsible so they won't block viewfinder.

4. If possible make shutter speed of 1/30 minimum visible (i mean in viewfinder) to user. So we can compose on longer shutter speeds.

And here is also more "serious" and "meegoish" icon, maybe you like it better:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggi366p9anmd7h6/pcam_icon.png

Hi. Thx for a great app!

Some thoughts on improvement:

1. Make horizontal sliders lighter or hide them to free viewfinder. We can change primary parameter by swiping horizontal anywhere on a screen, two-finger swipe will change secondary parameter, vertical swipe for focus.

2. Make focus slider more usefull, with scale and hyperfocal range (very usefull on such small sensor)

3. Make minimum visible in viewfinder shutter speed = 1/30, so we can compose on slower shutter speeds.

Also i made a new icon, more "serious" and "meegoish" maybe you like it better:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grenka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by grenka View Post
Hi. Thx for a great app!

Some thoughts on improvement:

1. Make horizontal sliders lighter or hide them to free viewfinder. We can change primary parameter by swiping horizontal anywhere on a screen, two-finger swipe will change secondary parameter, vertical swipe for focus.

2. Make focus slider more usefull, with scale and hyperfocal range (very usefull on such small sensor)

3. Make minimum visible in viewfinder shutter speed = 1/30, so we can compose on slower shutter speeds.

Also i made a new icon, more "serious" and "meegoish" maybe you like it better:

dude, the icon is amazing! And yes we may need horizontal and vertical function..

1.0 rc..!

any plan to add this into nokia store/apps for meego?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
@grenka Nice ideas. 1 & 2 will be considered, though #1 will conflict with point focus.
#3 will remain as is, maybe there could be an option to cap it, but I think the current behavior gives you a good idea about when you are holding stable.

The icon will also remain, but you can submit your icon to the alternate icons package maintainer maybe they'd like to include it.

@soryuuha It is already available in apps4meego testing repository and as a paid app in Nokia Store for anybody who would like to contribute.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Borrowing the image made by grenka, here is my idea on how pcam capture-UI could look like:
1. place ISO and shutter on two sides and use swipe gesture instead of slider which means swipe up or down on them would increase or decrease the value above.
2. Bottom placement for the manual focus, the thumb can easily reach this area when phone in landscape.
3. Each item on top acts as a switcher, tap to change to the another or there could be a drop-down menu like in default camera app.

4. the capturing part will auto-hide while user configure settings and slides in 0,5-1s after user lift his/her finger from the screen.

There could be some illogical parts in this but hope you find something useful from this for your app

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Nah, slider is more convenient for both fast, and slow-precise adjust of values. I don't like idea of emulating touchpad with "swipe areas" - swipe ui is enough pain as it is, no need to incorporate it into somehow productivity-oriented (as opposed to candy looking sweet cheerleader'ish UI oriented things) application, in my opinion

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

@qwazix
it does'nt show on the resulting photos, only on the screen during running the pcam.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I have been trying all day to fix the bugs that rawcam has (it doesn't close cleanly). I resulted in a little bit better code but the bugs are still there. It's not fun trying to nail them down anymore so I decided to let them go and focus on new features. I won't check out the vertical lines either, sorry PsychEinside but as they don't affect the photos I think it's minor.

Thanks again to everybody for the support.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I have been trying all day to fix the bugs that rawcam has (it doesn't close cleanly). I resulted in a little bit better code but the bugs are still there. It's not fun trying to nail them down anymore so I decided to let them go and focus on new features. I won't check out the vertical lines either, sorry PsychEinside but as they don't affect the photos I think it's minor.

Thanks again to everybody for the support.
An what about overlay bug? Did you managed to fix it? It's the only thing that prevents me from using rawcam.