Notices

Hi once again.

I didn't know there were more replies in my original thread. Sorry, I didn't take a look. It seems like disabling "auto remove" have fixed my problem. Thank you very much!

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Great news! Make sure that your forum settings subscribe you to a thread to which you post and you will get an email notification of replies..

I ran into a problem when uninstalling however.

It says, "The package management system is locked by another process or permission was denied".

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
That usually happens when you have apt-get open in a terminal or are running the stock HAM (app manager). It is temporary until that other process closes.

If you are not aware of any of the above being true then an apt-get or dpkg process might be stuck.

Code:
ps -A | grep apt
in a terminal should show anything running (replace apt with dpkg for another possibility)

You can kill an offending process by typing in a terminal
Code:
sudo kill <pid>
, with <pid> being that pid number revealed by "ps -A"

Ok.

apt-worker was locked and was not closing. I killed it and everything is now working. Thank you!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I have already said this but well . After seeing how well stuff that I said in this thread before works in cutetube I just have to suggest it one more time..sorry. Small enhancement request for great app to make it stand out even more.

- Grayscale icons (Looks good on every theme!)
- Centered icons in start view

Great app! Sadly the gzipping and reading of repo packages takes way too long but that´s something what is somewhat IMO slow as hell in most of package maintain apps on most of linux distroes.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Canada
I just noticed something very strange.

I added extras-devel as a repository, enabled it and then tried to look for modrana but was unable to find the application.
I then went to the default App manager and enabled it there and it was able to find the package. Not sure why I couldn't find it with the Faster Application Manager.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
after adding did you update repos?

fapman crashes on my system:
Code:
~ $ dpkg-query -W fapman
fapman	0.6.8.1-1
~ $ gdb /usr/bin/fapman
GNU gdb (GDB) 6.8.50.20090417-debian
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-gnueabi".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/fapman 
(no debugging symbols found)
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x40ef74a0 in QString::toLatin1() const () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
0x40ef74a0 <_ZNK7QString8toLatin1Ev+0>:	ldr	r3, [r1]
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40ef74a0 in QString::toLatin1() const () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#1  0x40ef7718 in QString::toAscii() const () from /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4
#2  0x43148c58 in QNetworkSessionPrivateImpl::syncStateWithInterface() ()
   from /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/bearer/libqicdbearer.so
#3  0x40c76a60 in QNetworkSession::QNetworkSession(QNetworkConfiguration const&, QObject*) () from /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4
#4  0x0001a4d8 in ?? ()
#5  0x0001a4d8 in ?? ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb) quit
This happens if I have Dummy APN chosen in Desktop. (Comes with libicd-network-null v1.3)
Other applications like Firefox and microb works fine through my Bluetooth-net. PC is set as a router to Internet. Also vanilla Application manager works with Dummy APN and through BT net.

Also Marble crashes when Dummy APN is in use.

Bug report for Qt4 made, because it would seem like a bug in Qt4.

Last edited by zimon; 2010-12-22 at 22:16. Reason: Bug seems to be in Qt4 when Dummy APN is in use.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
I also had a crashing fapman with dummy apn enabled but I was using usb-networking. Next time I'll try debug mode.