Notices

Hey everyone,

The Wolfenstein ET source code has been released under GPL and is now up on the ID software ftp ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/source/ET-GPL.zip
I know that the reason we couldn't have ET on things like Maemo was due to the engine being closed source...now that it is released in the public, would it be possible to port this to the N900?
I'm still an avid ET gamer and would personally love to see this game on the N900 but I am a realist and can see it probably won't happen. But is it possible?

Cheers

Seems likely that it would be possible as ET probably doesn't demand so much more of the hardware than Q3A and maybe the OpenGL ES work done on Q3 could be used pretty much unchanged on this one. Someone who is able to still has to get interested in doing the work though.

According to LinuxGames the source release is also for RTCW, by the way. So getting this to run would potentially give 2 games.

Yeah that is always the hardest part, finding people willing to put in the time. I am a good coder but haven't spent that much time with linux and linux type programming (but I am learning) so while I would offer up my services to help, I would need lots of direction.
If someone is willing to spend the time, I would help out where I could, even if it was just with testing and simpler things like that.

Cheers

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
I would really welcome Enemy Territory and RTCW on the N900. I think that Quake3 has proven to be a success and a nice demonstration of what you can carry in your pocket.

I hope some geniuses pick this as their project ^^

Seems like these may be getting merged to ioquake3 which could help getting them on the N900, http://ioquake3.org/2010/08/12/welco...e-wolfenstein/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slux For This Useful Post:

Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by -wireless- View Post
I'm still an avid ET gamer and would personally love to see this game on the N900 but I am a realist and can see it probably won't happen.
How would you plan to play this game? With accelerometer?

There's no way anyone is going to survive in ET without proper equipment.

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Any news on this?

Originally Posted by vivainio View Post
How would you plan to play this game? With accelerometer?

There's no way anyone is going to survive in ET without proper equipment.
I assume in the same way as the other Quake games are played, with the accelerometer. It would be more of a novelty than anything else and for those like myself that moderate the server, it allows moderation on the go
Even if it is hard to play by the phone itself, think about what you could do by hooking up say a wiimote and plugging it into your TV. We already have a nice portfolio of games on our pocket gaming device, so why not add another one

Cheers