Active Topics

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Rybinsk, Russia
I've looked into that user data and found that Calendar app (I mean built-in one, not Calendar Feed) messed up this manually edited event, so I really suggest you to remove them and enter again (manually). When user changed this event type to all day event Calendar set null dates for both start and end date. Really weird behavior, but at least I know what I should workaround in my code.

The Following User Says Thank You to dkormalev For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I started to suspect the issue was with MeeBirthdays as soon as I started looking at this more closely. The events that MeeBirthdays creates are really very strange. Here is an example for a birthday that is supposed to be on 7 Feb every year. Now when I look in the Calendar for that day the next day it comes up, 7 Feb 2012, I see the person's name, let's say Mary Smith, with her age on that day in 2012, and the event is marked as All Day. So far so good.

If I now click on that event to see more details about it I already see something that is strange. The Starts date has changed to 21 Dec 2012 at 00:00, the Ends date is 1 Jan 4712 at 01:00. Both dates are now shown incorrectly, and the end date should even be possible.

I did try and edit it, against your advice, and I just see the event has become today's event in the Feed but is nowhere to be seen in my actual Calendar.

MeeBirthdays seems flawed anyways because it shows the person's age as the same every year. I'm going to have to delete that Calendar (luckily I was just setting things up and there is no other events in that one) and uninstall MeeBirthdays and not use it.

The problem is partly the fault of Nokia for not (a) providing an anniversary event type that is found in the N900, and (b) not integrating the Contact's birthdays in the Calendar already - probably (a) and (b) are connected.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I started to suspect the issue was with MeeBirthdays as soon as I started looking at this more closely. The events that MeeBirthdays creates are really very strange. Here is an example for a birthday that is supposed to be on 7 Feb every year. Now when I look in the Calendar for that day the next day it comes up, 7 Feb 2012, I see the person's name, let's say Mary Smith, with her age on that day in 2012, and the event is marked as All Day. So far so good.

If I now click on that event to see more details about it I already see something that is strange. The Starts date has changed to 21 Dec 2012 at 00:00, the Ends date is 1 Jan 4712 at 01:00. Both dates are now shown incorrectly, and the end date should even be possible.

I did try and edit it, against your advice, and I just see the event has become today's event in the Feed but is nowhere to be seen in my actual Calendar.

MeeBirthdays seems flawed anyways because it shows the person's age as the same every year. I'm going to have to delete that Calendar (luckily I was just setting things up and there is no other events in that one) and uninstall MeeBirthdays and not use it.

The problem is partly the fault of Nokia for not (a) providing an anniversary event type that is found in the N900, and (b) not integrating the Contact's birthdays in the Calendar already - probably (a) and (b) are connected.
I can't say that you shouldn't use MeeBirthdays. Me and MeeBirthdays author will try to make more integration of these two apps in next versions. One of thing we want to do is correct age displaying each year (It will not be shown in Calendar, but will be visible in Calendar Feed).

I sync my Calendar with Google Calendar and luckily Google Calendar has the ability to create a special Calendar with just birthdays of your contacts and I could either sync to that Calendar with CalDav (a nicer solution anyway) and/or use an RSS feed and subscribe to that on my N9.

OK, well I'll use the Google solution for now and when next versions come out of Calendar Feed and MeeBirthdays I will try again with that. In the meantime, is there any need for me to contact the author of MeeBirthdays or will you take care of it?

OK, well I'll use the Google solution for now and when next versions come out of Calendar Feed and MeeBirthdays I will try again with that. In the meantime, is there any need for me to contact the author of MeeBirthdays or will you take care of it?
As you wish. As app author I can say that user feedback is always valuable and nice. Even if it contains bug descriptions
But I of course will discuss this bug with MeeBirthdays author

Feature request: could you add in the ability to select which calendars will be used? I have minor calendars such as one showing holidays and I'd prefer not to clutter the limited notification space with notifications about those.

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Feature request: could you add in the ability to select which calendars will be used? I have minor calendars such as one showing holidays and I'd prefer not to clutter the limited notification space with notifications about those.
Sure. It is already in a feature heap, but I'm not sure will it be in next version or sometimes later.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dkormalev For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
@dkormalev: 10 posts without any thanks so far and this for the developer of one of the most downloaded and useful apps for our beloved N9, i could not stand this

Thank you for this great application Denis. With the latest update i can refresh calendar feed and it works seemless.

Requests:
1) Unfortunately, todos without a due date are not shown. Maybe you can implement this or you could add an option to show overdue todos. This would be great for those who do not bind their todos to dates.

2) You may add 0 minutes for the refresh intervall for no automatic refreshments, so that the user can handle this manually by clicking the refresh icon. Some of us have less friends and therefore less appointments

Blues

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Oh, I thanked ZogG for the original post but forgot to do the same for dkormalev when he came on. Now done.

I have another observation. When I select five lines to be used for the notifications, the last one is always blank, and there is a little gap there, which looks sorta ugly. Bug? Known one?

Tags
calendar, events, feeds, harmattan