Poll: Would you consider being part of class action lawsuit against Nokia?
Poll Options
Would you consider being part of class action lawsuit against Nokia?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
What Nokia didn't make clear was that the N900 was for "market research" purposes and was not mainstream. I didn't find that out till after I purchased the N900 and went thoroughly through the forums. A customer should not have to be informed indirectly like that and rather it should have been CLEARLY written on the device's specs/features instead of having to come to the conclusion myself after I had made the purchase and when it was too late to return.
Define "market research" and why you can proof (not: assume) that Nokia only considered the N900 a test, contrary to random community members calling it so *after* the amount of sold devices was not fulfilling.
Good luck with actually proving that and finding a lawyer who wants to try this. Still wondering what exactly you plan to sue on. Listing specific laws to potentially apply would be a good first step.

Also wondering: If you had bought a Microsoft Kin, would you now also consider suing Microsoft?

Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
support? really?
If you'd rather support over open source then you picked the wrong phones

Unfortunately, it seems 'you' can't have both
Why shouldn't you have both? If it really was open source, a lot of the bugs would confidently be squashed by the amazing community we have here. Unfortunately, not everything in the N9 is open but there is plenty of freedom.
Anyways, as consumers, and especially regarding all Nokia's loyal consumers like people at TMO, we deserve better than "WONT FIX."

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Define "market research" and why you can proof (not: assume) that Nokia only considered the N900 a test, contrary to random community members calling it so *after* the amount of sold devices was not fulfilling.
Good luck with actually proving that and finding a lawyer who wants to try this. Still wondering what exactly you plan to sue on. Listing specific laws to potentially apply would be a good first step.

Also wondering: If you had bought a Microsoft Kin, would you now also consider suing Microsoft?
This is more like a hypothetical type of thread. I'm curious if other Nokia consumers feel the same.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
We should take up a collection and offer Nokia a bribe to continue manufacturing and developing maemo and the devices it will run on.

As a whole, the system is great.