Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
And why should they do that?
AFAIK the Lumia brand was created for this purpose only, to differentiate from Nokia and fade that brand to the background.
Lumia is the name (an old word) of a prostitute, so the name was very proper for Nokia phones after it agreed to be a slave for Microsoft on the palindromic day 1102-2011.

Now, what would one call a prostitute who has found a steady sugar daddy for herself? From that universe I would seek the new names for the M$WP-phones.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
That's a courtesan.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Not really. When was the last time you saw any innovations come from MS?
They are pretty good at this acquire and destroy business but cannot hold on to HW business.
didn't i just say they are bad at commercializing it??? you are just confirming what i said.

Not really. Or else they would not have fscked up their OS business so bad they fell into MS's gentle lap.
i disagree. who understands mobile channel partners better? nokia or microsoft? who understands ARPU better? etc. by microsoft's own admission, they wanted nokia because nokia had all the expertise in this area and microsoft didn't. just because nokia understands it better doesn't mean they executed it better. dig a little and you will remember why nokia died.

Not really. They are just forcing themselves on corporate environment by sheer force and through incapability of managers in general to understand tehcnical matters.
my god.......if technical matters is all that matters, the world would be very different!

anyway, we shall see what happens next.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
so pureview is owned by microsoft or nokia? and will we see pureview pro on next microsoft lumia?

Nokia will be sitting on close to $20B in cash after this deal. Their telecom infrastructure business is quite strong. They would have no trouble buying Alcatel-Lucent for $5-6B and consolidating the infrastructure business. Markets agree with 35% gain in stock.

Prediction: Nokia acquires Jolla in a year and reenters smart-phone business with Meego!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixracer For This Useful Post:
I dont care in whatever shape i get my jolla in. This abandon ship by nokia might favor them in the long run but its rather sad even so. I just curius in who owns meego harmattan now. They bought current devices or all. Could microsoft release a symbian if they wanted? I want to keep hope alive becouse for what i can see atleast meego swipe beats jollas ui big time. This dont say jollad aint good, just saying n9 still beats everything even today. I use android 4 the monent and hate it bigtime and i aint impresed by either play store apps or ios app store. They only have cooler games. Thats it really.
As i said i dont care who make my jolla phone, i just want it since it remind me of n9 but (hopefully) with better specs.

Nokia n9 is still today the only phone i have capable of more then eight hours heavy use.

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
so pureview is owned by microsoft or nokia? and will we see pureview pro on next microsoft lumia?
All of the patents are still owned by Nokia. The deal was to license Nokia patents to MS for 10 years.
I doubt Nokia would have any reason not to license PureView to MS. I also doubt Nokia's Advanced Technologies part includes Nokia's Tampere R&D team that is responsible of PureView.

Though who knows. I doubt we will get any detailed information on what Advanced Technologies really includes from old Nokia as far as manpower goes, if anything.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What is the market price for jolla? 20 million Euro? Why not buy it, nokia. start from scratch and give sailfish a real chance to make it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
NOKIA is not getting involved into mobile devices any more. Its over. They have no OS and gave the hardware to MS. Their focus will be different and for a good reason. The mobile market has matured to the point where only titans can compete, and minnows like Jolla can hope that titan will swallow them for a good penny. The battle was lost in 2007, the board brought Elop to sell them, he executed well, and the Finns got good cash.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
now a new word "elop" will be added to dictionary meaning backstabbing bit*h, a trojan.
Technically a Trojan, but I'll still think of him as a Worm.

Tags
espionage, trojan man