Notices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Hamburg
Hi,

I'm pretty new to maemo and my N900 is maybe not even in production right now. I'm currently considering buying an Apple Airport Express only to stream Music to my stereo, which sounds a way better than my MacBook Speaker. It integrates fine with iTunes and other Media Players as well as roque amoeba has some software that enables other players as well. The Airport Express protocol is named Raop. Its an proprietary apple protocol. It works pretty much like rtsp with some additional key exchange. There are some precompiled debian packages which integrate raop and pulseaudio. If I understood right you can use your Airtunes device as a PC-Speaker - lossless.
I wonder if it will be a big deal to get this package working in maemo? I could skip all my audio gear using the N900 an Airtunes and some really good active Speakers (like the Behringer Truth 2031A)...

Is there a chance to get the raop pulseaudio packages working on the N900?

best,

K.

Last edited by kalexm; 2009-11-03 at 21:44. Reason: Non Speaking Title

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kalexm For This Useful Post:
That would be cool, as I Iove my Airport Express.

But there is a much better low tech way. use the FM transmitter in the N900 and get yourself a decent FM Radio. You wont need to put an expensive AE in each room

Mike C

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by kalexm View Post
Hi,

Is there a chance to get the raop pulseaudio packages working on the N900?

best,

K.
There is also a GStreamer sink called apexsink in gst-plugins-bad. I will try and build that into the gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-extra package and put it in extras-devel in the next few days.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
That would be cool, as I Iove my Airport Express.

But there is a much better low tech way. use the FM transmitter in the N900 and get yourself a decent FM Radio. You wont need to put an expensive AE in each room

Mike C
Thats right, indeed, but I have only cable radio and would have to buy a Tuner. I'm currently reducing the amount of gear and complexity!

Originally Posted by zaheerm View Post
There is also a GStreamer sink called apexsink in gst-plugins-bad. I will try and build that into the gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-extra package and put it in extras-devel in the next few days.
This sounds promising! I cant wait for results!

Have you already built and tested it.

The Following User Says Thank You to kalexm For This Useful Post:
Any news / other way to do this?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
I'd be interested in doing this too, if anyone's made any headway with it. At the moment I'm piping tunes from the phone through a copy of Winamp with an Airport Express plugin

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Ping. Any news?
http://www.eff.org.

Can see that apexsink is now in gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-extra but does anyone know how to get this up and running?
Cheers