Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
lame

----------
indded ))

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
so if eldar is right this time and if there are really 92000 units of the RM680 maybe nokia will sell these units too. i mean how many of these will they give to devs? 1000 or more. Even if it’s more what will happen to the remaining units? maybe there will be a „Limited Edition“ of the rm-680, who knows?!

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
there was only 1 "disruptive" device from apple, and that was the first iphone. very poor hardware but a very smooth and easy to use ui with a big touch screen. thats all, the hardware was crap. and they didnt had an app store or a sdk at the beginning. and all other phone were just refresh versions of the first 1 (getting 3G and later a little bit more speed), iphone4 is the first real smartphone in my eyes. simple and nice ui + perfect marketing = big success.

@disruption:
the first and last situation nokia used this word was in one sentence with meego/maemo. so its very likely that we will see this "future disruption" device with maemo inside

6 days left...

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Brock View Post

6 days left...
may i correct you?

5 days, 9 hours and 50 min left

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
This could be hope for us HW KB users. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Hotshot; 2011-06-15 at 16:21.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
Well MeeGo seems to only have hindered what Maemo had going for it... if i'm wrong i'd like to be shown why..

don't think it was Elops decision to merge with Moblin so you can't really blame him for those failings. He was pretty much forced into choosing WP7 because of the slow progress of MeeGo (which he is also partly to blame for.. but so is everyone else connected with it)
I blame symbian on this not meego...

Remember that the plan has always been to release a non fully but "compatible" handset namely Maemo Harmattan. its more like symbian and Qt proogress slowed it down not mainly because of meego. Ofcourse that also is a problem but far from the biggest problems...

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Intel didn't freeze Quim out.

What???

Every statement I see from you tells me you're not actually following.

Your statements are far more FUD than fact.
well I am glad if am am wrong then. But just got that feeling
when following mailinglists..the sometimes seems to be hard feelings...

btw I diid NOT SAY qgill got kicked or similar...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-15 at 16:36.

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
btw, there is one more tid bit that I didn't mention in that invitation.
Guess there's no harm so here it is with bold/underline as received.

So yeah, I really wanna go to this as I'll have some good questions to ask once I know what device it is. =)
So well, if its not even named it will take a half year more before "announcement" then a year after there maybe will be a release...

Q2 2012 we have the device WOHO!!!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-15 at 17:00.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Nice idea, but they call it a market-disrupting device, so it'll be the first Microkia abomination.
Except Elop said back in February that he was using Meego for future disruptions. So if they are pitching it as a market disrupting device it is not unreasonable to expect it to be Meego. And consider what exactly is disruptive about a WP7 device, it is not like it would be the first WP7 device anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
There seems to be a lot of confusion going on here. I'd like to add to that confusion by giving my theory of what is going on, based on the information I've gathered from this thread, mailing lists and things I hear from Nokians.

This is what I take as commonly believed fact:
1. "Dali", aka N9 was to be released late last year but was scrapped in the last minute for one reason or another. Dali runs Maemo 6 aka Harmattan. Some thousands of these were built before it was scrapped. Nokia wants to do something with these devices. Exactly what or how they will be used will most likely become clear the 21th. The term "Developer device" has been thrown around.

2. "Lankku" is a device that exists at least as a prototype, and claims have been made that this one will be produced for consumers. Lankku also runs Harmattan. Produced for consumers means much more of these will be produced than the Dali device. Apparently "Lankku" has faster hardware and no keyboard and is thin and beautiful. This device has not been leaked.

This is what I think will happen on the 21th:
Nokia will unveil Harmattan, Harmattan SDK will be released, a developer device program will be announced and information about when to expect the consumer device will be given. My guess is Q3-2011. But the device won't be in consumers hands before late November.

Regarding some other nonsense:
The number 92000 devices that people are talking about sounds somewhat plausible for the amount of Dali devices that were produced before it was scrapped. Obviously Nokia would not decide beforehand exactly how many devices would be produced. That depends on if they sell etc.

EDIT one more thing, I think that the Dali devices will be available for the developers very soon. They want development to happen before the consumer device is out.

EDIT2 The event is in Singapore not in Australia. Here's the schedule: http://www.nokiaconnection.net/event.php
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Last edited by mece; 2011-06-15 at 17:45.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland