Notices

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I am really having trouble starting application at the Notebook side. I have 64bit windows 7
First i was asked for mingwm10.dll, then for libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.
I got those but now it says smth like
Code:
 The entry point in the procedure ??1QReadWriteLock@@QAE@XZ was not found in the library DLL QtCore4.dll
any suggestions?

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
A way to implement Mouse will be awesome. Good Work mate!!!
I can't see a reason to use a mouse without mouse cursor...
There is no mouse at the N9 or MeeGo Tablet visible. So how would you know where you're clicking?!

What you're propably searching for is a VNC server.
Something like that is surely soon aviable for MeeGo if not already - I had tried one for maemo5 last summer. At a VNC client you have a Keyboard and a Mouse including the screen on your Desktop. So you're able to see where you pointing at while clicking.
Drawback: It's damn slow and very resource hungry. My N900 got very hot every time!
Normally I'm using it the other way around to control my PC from my N900 while I'm in a different room. And this way it works fantastic.

The scope of my small TcpIpKeyboard application is now to leave out the not needed parts and to use only the keyboard preferably without big latency on your mobile.
Advantage: you're able to type fast a text (I'm still improving the latency) and your battery wouldn't die within a hour.

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I am really having trouble starting application at the Notebook side. I have 64bit windows 7
First i was asked for mingwm10.dll, then for libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.
I got those but now it says smth like
Code:
 The entry point in the procedure ??1QReadWriteLock@@QAE@XZ was not found in the library DLL QtCore4.dll
any suggestions?
Hmm... okay, I would say this is a problem. I have no 64 bit Windows over here. So I'm unable to test.
Has 64 bit Windows 7 a 32 bit compatibility mode for applications? Otherwise I would say I have to compile a extra version for 64bit. But I haven't found this option at QtCreator so far. Will google tomorrow how this could work.

Ah, and you have copied the DLL's from the ZIP File to the same Folder as the EXE?

I guess I would have to create a installer as soon as I got it more in shape.
Thanks for the feedback and for trying to test my application!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2011-07-31 at 00:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
This app is excellent n_n ; i will try it when come at least beta or final version, cause i like to play with a keyboard instead a controller, i feel i have more precision.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leon Obscuro MX For This Useful Post:
As far as I researched now it should work at windows 7 64bit, too. Have you perhaps tried to run the File from within the ZIP File?

I have the suspicion that the exe could perhaps take a existing dll File from your system from a different path. But I don't know why...

Originally Posted by helex View Post
As far as I researched now it should work at windows 7 64bit, too. Have you perhaps tried to run the File from within the ZIP File?

I have the suspicion that the exe could perhaps take a existing dll File from your system from a different path. But I don't know why...
I have the folder "@name", where i have
TcpIpKeyboardSender.exe
QtSvg4.dll
QtScript4.dll
QtNetwork4.dll
QtGui4.dll
QtDeclarative4.dll
QtCore4.dll
mingwm10.dll (manually downloaded)
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll (manually downloaded)

And it still shows that message about entry point.

Originally Posted by helex View Post
Has 64 bit Windows 7 a 32 bit compatibility mode for applications?
I am pretty sure it does, because in my Application Manager(The one that shows up upon pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc) there are processes, that look like this
Code:
 @processname*32
where *32 stands for a 32 bit apps.

You know what.
I have a spare 32 bit netbook. i'll try it over there.

EDIT:
This became a freakin' maze.
On 32 bit i had to get also QtSql4.dll (apparently because it is a Windows 7 Starter), but anyway. Then it shows
Code:
 The entry point in the procedure "?nextNode@QHashData@@SAPAUNode@1@PAU21@@Z" was not found in the library DLL QtCore4.dll
I know i shouldn't be, but i am giving up

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-07-31 at 10:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
mingwm10.dll (manually downloaded)
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll (manually downloaded)
Okay, this is clearly wrong. You shouldn't need to download additional libraries. It's hard to test for myself because I don't have a Windows installation without Qt over here.

I uploaded a new version with this files included to ensure its exactly the same release my binary needs.

TcpIpKeyboardSender-Windows32Bit-v0.0.2.ZIP

I have a spare 32 bit netbook. i'll try it over there.
GREAT!

EDIT:
This became a freakin' maze.
On 32 bit i had to get also QtSql4.dll (apparently because it is a Windows 7 Starter), but anyway. Then it shows
Code:
 The entry point in the procedure "?nextNode@QHashData@@SAPAUNode@1@PAU21@@Z" was not found in the library DLL QtCore4.dll
I know i shouldn't be, but i am giving up
I understand your pain. The procedure to publish Qt applications feels currently very unpolished. I can't understand why there is no simple app installer and packaging module included.

I hope you will find again some patience to test my new Zip File.

TcpIpKeyboardSender-Windows32Bit-v0.0.2.ZIP

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Such a brilliant idea. I am willing to be a tester.

I downloaded the file onto my Windows 7 (32bit) computer and ran the file TcpIpKeyboardSender.exe and immediately get the following error

Any ideas? Are there meant to be any other files to download or some software prerequisites?

Edit: I found the file online and after downloading it and adding it to the folder where all my other files were, I now see the following error:

Any ideas?
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-07-31 at 11:45.

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Such a brilliant idea. I am willing to be a tester.
Thanks!
It still needs a lot of work and polishing but hopefully we get in the end a great working solution.

If the keyboard at the N900 is closed the onscreen keyboard gets really annoying. I have to integrate my app definitively somehow into the maliit system to make it more useable. If this works it would feel more natural across all MeeGo devices. - sadly except our beloved N900 - but luckily we have a decent keyboard and don't rely on this application at our small micro computer.

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
I downloaded the file onto my Windows 7 (32bit) computer and ran the file TcpIpKeyboardSender.exe and immediately get the following error

Any ideas? Are there meant to be any other files to download or some software prerequisites?
I have not really more ideas except including also this file into my zip.

I have to apologize. I have zero experience publishing Windows *.exe files compiled using Qt and I still have to learn what is needed to get it running on every target.
I guess I can't reproduce this error because of the installed Qt environment on my desktop. But I don't own a bounch of different Desktop PC's. I have only my old Windows XP Desktop and a small Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 7 32bit on it. But there I have the MeeGo Qt SDK installed and my zip works over there also without problems. I guess my exe gets the not included dll files there somewhere out of the system.

So we have to sort this pain together out somehow. The strage thing is currently with all those errors: I don't use SQL in this project and I don't use XML Patterns. Nevertheless those DLL's seems to be needed on your system.

I uploaded a new ZIP. The same exe, but it includes the missing QtXmlPatterns4.dll:

TcpIpKeyboardSender-Windows32Bit-v0.0.3.ZIP

LETS HOPE THE BEST!

Edit:
I found the file online and after downloading it and adding it to the folder where all my other files were, I now see the following error
Perhaps the QtXmlPatterns4.dll you've found online is a minor different version compared to mine I have used for my project. Because of this QtNetwork4.dll (perhaps) can't work together with this file. Please delete all files you have and download the new Zip v0.0.3 and try it.

I would love to see a solution to create a exe file using Qt that don't need any kind of runtime libraries. [sigh]

Last edited by helex; 2011-07-31 at 12:16.

Where can i get this full QT environment?

Where can i get this full QT environment?
Ouh, hunting baby flies with a nuclear bomb! Great attitude but not a long-term-solution!

I'm using this one: Qt SDK version 1.1.2 - Offline installer - 1.7 GB

You still need at minimum the *.dll files from my first *.zip file in the same directory you stored the exe. But it seems there are several others traceable on the system after the installation. - Or other installed applications on my system like google earth (its also created using Qt) are the reason - I'm still guessing - so if you try it using the large SDK and it still doesn't work don't surrender. I hope we are together able to find the fault.

Perhaps you could copy my exe to this folder (if you use the default path):
C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\bin\
There should reside all needed dll files.