Closed Thread
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
gps not working after the update

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
gps not working after the update
yes, it works but all you have to do is read some post above man

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raverpol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
change supl.nokia.com to supl.google.com in network positioning found in location in settings

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
i now put supl.google.com. and its working fine...
but does it make any difference to put google instead of nokia.?

Nooo, latest update screwed my phone :-(
It looks like my 5 desktops have been compressed to only one! And whatever application I manage to open doesn't have "close" or "taskmanager" buttons any more, so I have to switch the phone off and on again to close them. I can't even make a phone call because the call buttons are not there any more
Is it possible to fix this somehow? Maybe by connecting the phone to my PC?
Application manager is completely broken, it just shows a black screen ...
Attached Images

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
i now put supl.google.com. and its working fine...
but does it make any difference to put google instead of nokia.?
From what I've seen, the difference is that supl.google.com works, while supl.nokia.com does NOT. It's actually interesting, until recently, at least for me, is used to be vice-versa.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geojoking For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Milano
Something goes wrong with the latest update 16.8....

Phone hang in HAM during the installation, i just restarted it and now it has the white nokia logo with the "installing software updates"... 43% atm.....

edit:
Phew... installation went fine :P

Any changelog?

Last edited by Au{R}oN; 2011-09-11 at 13:24.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Izmir - TURKEY
I can't get the update too, FAM log says I have newer versions of tons of packages, so it doesn't install.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
@f2thak
Have you managed to get Theme Customizer support "Show app shortcut backgrounds"? I saw a previous post of yours and i was wondering why you were having that problem and I didn't.
Yesterday I updated Theme Customizer to the one in the devel repo and lost the option to make icon backgrounds transparent so I uninstalled it and installed the one in extras instead. I got the option back, maybe you should give it a shot if you haven't fixed your problem.

Originally Posted by m_seitz View Post
Nooo, latest update screwed my phone :-(
Hm, the latest update of "CSSU features" gave an error message and I edited the hildon transitions.ini to add missing CSSU options. Could that be the problem here? I did a reboot after I edited the transitions.ini and everything worked perfectly well. My broken desktop happened after the last CSSU update (not the feature editor).

When my phone boots and starts showing the desktop I can scroll through my 5 desktops but it looks like the desktop gets redrawn for some reason and everything (shortcuts, ...) from my 5 desktops gets placed in the upper left corner. I can't start x-term with shortcut "ctrl+shift+x" and whatever action I perform, I can't "go back" by clicking the desktop background.

Is it possible to connect my N900 to a Windows PC and open a remote terminal to "do stuff" on the n900, without having to install additional software on my phone?

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade