Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Nokia Conversations.

I must say he's had it coming - a particularly poor and bitter/twisted blogger, I guess Nokia have had just about all they can take from the guy who seems to have a knack of acquiring unreleased and unfinished product (Nokia might want to look at their security precautions).

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Agreed - I love a preview as much as the next guy - but this bloke seems to delight in getting prototype devices and reviewing them as if they are finished pieces. A perfect example is the N900 which 90% of the issues he found had been resolved in the final product.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
open source HW...love it

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I find it odd that people can form such a strong opinion about this based on some tweets/blogposts/previews/reviews..

Maybe it's just me.

The Following User Says Thank You to vode For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I'd be pissed as well if i was Nokia, he gets stolen prototypes 6 months before release revealing stuff about them while at same time doing consultancy work for Nokia rivals(i.e samsung), the amount of damage this could of potentially done is massive as rivals are getting at least a 6 month head start to counter whatever Nokia are planning

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
I'd be pissed as well if i was Nokia, he gets stolen prototypes 6 months before release revealing stuff about them while at same time doing consultancy work for Nokia rivals(i.e samsung), the amount of damage this could of potentially done is massive as rivals are getting at least a 6 month head start to counter whatever Nokia are planning
I agree with your points, but he has someone giving him the devices. It's the inside man that you want.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to theflew For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by theflew View Post
I agree with your points, but he has someone giving him the devices. It's the inside man that you want.
Which is why they're after him, I suppose. Get the names, drop the suit.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
he is not forced to accept the stolen property and reveal to people he as them, he does it for self gain otherwise he would keep it all secret

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Nokia Conversations.
Maybe he obtained some kind of agreement similar to Nokia's "invitation" to register a MyNokia account in the PR1.2 update.

Code:
apt-cache show cherry

Last edited by j.s; 2010-07-07 at 20:22. Reason: added "apt-cache show cherry" command

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
From the blog, it sounds like Nokia just wants its phone back, which in turn, they could use to discover the inside source. It doesn't sound like they're going after Eldar or his blog, though as a consequence of returning the phone, Eldar would lose his inside source, which may then diminish the value of his blog. Either way, it's fair for Nokia to want its property back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinh For This Useful Post: