Active Topics

hi, i have a n900 device that is sim locked to some italy operator
( i think it is italy because of this number behind the battery 0574385 ) , i dont know which operator.
my firmware version is 3.2010.02-8 pr 1.1.1
i try updating with flasher and the process completed succsessfuly but
when i turned on the device it started booting and never end, the five dots just kept on roling forever.
i tried several times, same thing happens.
only when i flash back on 3.2010.02-8 pr 1.1.1 the device boots up fine.
i tried flashing the eMMC image but again the same happens.
and when i go to settings and tap at the top i get this option: enter code for unlocking sim card

i have two questions:

1. is it possible to update my device to pr 1.3 and how?
2. is there a way to unlock my n900 to be possible to use other sim cards like in serbia (telenor) or is there any way to get that code for unlocking?

sorry for my english.
please help me, thanks in advance.

Last edited by spajta111; 2012-03-28 at 17:20.

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I have an unlocked n900 and I still have the option to enter unlock code. Try updating via app manager and it should give you the PR 1.3 update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
I have already tried that and the device boot endless.

Last edited by spajta111; 2012-02-25 at 20:30.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Are you sure it's SIM locked? There's been no knowledge of any SIM-locked N900 phones being sold.

P.S.: That button there appears even in unlocked phones.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i have N900,and working perfectly but it is still give me option to unlock the operator lock. i dont know why, and who cares when every thing is fine. as far as i think operator lock in setting does not mean anything.

about your problem i also had some problem like you when i reflashed it. what i did i install uk image on my Indian n900 that made my sim not working. so i went back to India ver. and everything is fine now so may be your firmware is wrong ( i may be wrong) i tried global firmware also but same problem was there.
Attached Images

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
i am sure that my phone is sim locked because it dont accept any sim cards from my state ( serbia ).
i try flashing with: global versions, italy versions ( from navifirm ), pr 1.2, pr 1.3, 21.2011.38-1 and when i power on it boots endless.
i have now installed:
EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad.8.giga.bin and
RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin ( pr 1.1.1 thats the only version working, it works as long it is pr 1.1.1 no matew for what region)
i want to update to pr 1.3
and is there any way to unlock free the sim ?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by spajta111 View Post
i am sure that my phone is sim locked because it dont accept any sim cards from my state ( serbia ).
i try flashing with: global versions, italy versions ( from navifirm ), pr 1.2, pr 1.3, 21.2011.38-1 and when i power on it boots endless.
i have now installed:
EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad.8.giga.bin and
RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin ( pr 1.1.1 thats the only version working, it works as long it is pr 1.1.1 no matew for what region)
i want to update to pr 1.3
and is there any way to unlock free the sim ?
Are you sure you don't need to register your device's IMEI with your carrier?
Some carriers in certain countries need that for some reason (e.g. all carriers in Japan)

i am sure because i asked the nearest Telenor shop and service, they said that n900 need to be decoded - price 35 euros,
and i wont pay until i update to pr 1.3.
here is one more screenshot about the sim lock:

it is always that simbol no mater what sim card is in it.

i also tried flashing pr1.1.1 and after that i flashed kernel and roofs from pr 1.3
the phone booted up whit some errors during the boot and after,
and i checked about product option and for version i got unknown and os: unknown.
so i flashed back to pr 1.1.1 because i want full working pr 1.3 or pr 1.4
( 21.2011.38-1 ) please help me install pr 1.3 or pr 1.4

Last edited by spajta111; 2012-02-26 at 14:32.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
First that symbol does not mean that the sim is locked it means there is no sim installed. There is no way the phone is locked. It is one of 2 problems
1 the sim is no good
2 the contacts on the n900 are flattened. you can try putting a piece of paper behind the sim or try to raise the little prongs. Try the paper first.

btw mido's image is pr1.3

edit if you cant get anything else to install but 1.1 upgrade the old fashion way ...through the application manager

Last edited by Mike Fila; 2012-02-26 at 17:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
as i have said earlier i had same problem. and yes i had same red line on sim status. i also dont think this is something related to the "SIM lock"

i would recommend you to download pr1.3 of different countries and try to flash your n900 with them on by one

good luck!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post: