Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have loads of time, and some C programming skills, but im affraid its not a load. I will read it trough, and come back to you if i know enough to be able to help....

The Following User Says Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
I have loads of time, and some C programming skills, but im affraid its not a load. I will read it trough, and come back to you if i know enough to be able to help....
I don't have the sdk here and i ain't going home for the next 2 weeks , so if you have the maemo sdk , can u compile and run this as a start to check if we're on the right path and this is what we need ?

Thanks !
Attached Files
File Type: zip whatsapp.zip (727 Bytes, 570 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
I do have the sdk, but im not at home tonight either, so i will take a look at it tomorrow.

I started working on it today, though I won't have as much time the other days of the week... I don't really know which is the best way to go at this moment but I went with building a "libwhatsapp" in C++/Qt. It will then present a Qt class "WhatsApp" with signals for events and some simple public functions (like connect and sendMessage). I think this should be usable in telepathy with possibly some extra Qt code (to interact with the signals) and easily usable in any Qt application.

There is still a lot of work to be done but at least I figured out the complete structure of one message I captured with wireshark and it looks like the current code I have enables me to reproduce that message. Again, I must stress that this achievement was the entire goal for today and that it is nowhere near usable yet.

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to DataGhost For This Useful Post:
Sorry Teamer, but it seems i bit off a little more than i can chew. I really want to help out, but i think its a lot faster if someone a bit more capable helps you...

With some extra work done today I'm now able to read the WA protocol into computer-usable structures and convert it into human-readable form

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to DataGhost For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Great to see some process here

It looks like you know everything you need to know to get it running. If you would need some specific Information you can also ask me and I'll try to do my best to find the answer in die source code
But as teamer seems to have the same source/client than I have and you are working with him I think you two have all Information you need.

If you need some testers/etc. I would be happy to help you out

Originally Posted by teamer View Post
Here's the souce of WA and source of a telepathy module (gabble) . a workaround might get this going through .
authentication / online-offline / send and receive .. sounds pretty easy ... wonder what a mess i would be !

http://www.4shared.com/rar/C3VN9BnV/whatsapp.html

the link is no longer available , can u provide a valid one to download the source of WA.
thanks in advance

I'm willing to help this project. I have little C++ experience, but can help in testing, documenting etc. Can we setup some sort of versioning/GitHub/DropBox/SVN/w.e. place where we can share code and projects? What's the best practice to setup a shared development here?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BertvanDorp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Is this still being looked at? I am anxious to see this happen!