Notices

Originally Posted by DataGhost View Post
Wow, that was faster than expected. Teamer, do you still need help? I should have some time now, so if you need help just tell me where you are and I'll have a look as well.

I'd personally like a telepathy plugin so my idea is to create a libwhatsapp which can then easily be used in telepathy and in a standalone application. I guess you didn't start on a telepathy plugin yet, so I'd like to help out at least there.
No i didn't start anything yet , but if you want , i can stay online with you while ur developing a telepathy plugin and tell you what to do , pm me with ur gtalk to start

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
There might be a slight bump... the current whatsapp version is much newer than the one we have the source for, so it may be incompatible with the current client. I downloaded the current one for S40 but it's obfuscated just like the Android version is. That complicates things somewhat, although I think we can use the older version to get some pointers in interpreting the current version.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Karachi
teamer, if you and the developers helping you can pull this off, i too will love you forever!!!

I haven't logged onto maemo.org since some time and it's great the progress that you all have made!

Question: Once this works (*praypraypray*) for maemo, it should only be a matter of time before a version is compiled for the N9 right?

goo goo maemo...

yesss finalllyyyy

In response to your inquiry we would like to inform you that we don't know when exactly the next update will release for your device, but we assure to you that whats app is going to be available as soon as possible in the next update.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...1185777/page/2

?? i dont know this person.. whatsapp person?

WhatsApp people have confirmed before that it will NOT be coming to Maemo/Meego. As said in that thread, the user has two posts, which are both identical. Lastly, he can't even spell the name of the application so I'd say it's just a troll. If they're serious about this they'll probably send out a press release.

There're a lot of unconfirmed voice about a whatsapp plugin for the N9, there is also a Nokia employ who say that they are working on it, but nothing is confirmed...
Moreover for the N900 noone say anything...

We are with you guys!!!

Originally Posted by DataGhost View Post
There might be a slight bump... the current whatsapp version is much newer than the one we have the source for, so it may be incompatible with the current client. I downloaded the current one for S40 but it's obfuscated just like the Android version is. That complicates things somewhat, although I think we can use the older version to get some pointers in interpreting the current version.
there might be changed urls / commands / ports / algos , but whatever ! if we build one on basics of the code we have , modifications will be an ease , ill parse the obfuscated its no problem for me !

anyone have time for this : http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc...er.basics.html ?

Last edited by teamer; 2012-02-06 at 14:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
When we can have a stable version of whatsapp?

This is going to be on repos?

Greetings.