Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
@gerbrick

Do you have a N800 that you want to use?
I have an N810, skipped from the 770 to the N810.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I have an N810, skipped from the 770 to the N810.
It was in relation to your previous post, do you need help with SatNav on the device or is that working for you?

AFAIK gps is built in to the N810 as are the maps so you should be all set. Is there a problem?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It was in relation to your previous post, do you need help with SatNav on the device or is that working for you?
Ah, I misunderstood. The SatNav, once locked in works. What I never got a chance to try was the turn-by-turn navigation portion because the day after I activated it on the machine, there was a problem that required me sending the N810 into Nokia for repair. A few weeks later, I received the same machine, fixed... but could no longer even try or sample the turn-by-turn nav portion.

I went the rounds with Nokia about it, even contacted Wayfinder multiple times, faxing in the receipt from Nokia that I had indeed had some work done on the N810.

Nothing ever came of it. If anything, I'm just curious as to how well it works, if it's worth a darn... just curious. And never having a chance to try it, just plain sucks imho.

But as long as it knows where I am, I can live with that. Just wondering about whatever comes out of this thread is my new curiosity now.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Cologne, Germany
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Nothing ever came of it. If anything, I'm just curious as to how well it works, if it's worth a darn... just curious. And never having a chance to try it, just plain sucks imho.
For what I can tell the navigation works very fine. I have bought an unlimited license, but now I am denied a navigation portion, since with OS 2008 they converted unlimited to limited licenses. The navigation on N800/N810 is quite reliable, it's certainly not a state of the art user interface, but otherwise it is very stable.

From Wayfinder/Navicore/Vodafone we can't expect any support since they've abandoned the project, however I do have slight hopes, that in this thread a solution will be offered to unlock the navigation.

A couple of days ago I have checked that the following certainly doesn't work: downgrading to OS2007 and installing the original Navicore application. It uses the very same server for activation, which has been shut down by Wayfinder a couple of weeks ago.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by zok View Post
From Wayfinder/Navicore/Vodafone we can't expect any support since they've abandoned the project, however I do have slight hopes, that in this thread a solution will be offered to unlock the navigation.
I repeated various times and I'll repeat it again: the only solution is if somebody that has navicore expiring in the far future will share the mac address and the content of the ldb directory.

Well, since we have all been treated very shabbily indeed by Navicore, Wayfinde and Nokia I am happy to help out.

My 'lifetime' licence expires in 2nd October 2010 and am prepared to share with those who are entitled to the facility but are denied it through no fault of their own.

I am in the UK and the turn by turn works vey well.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ São Paulo-Brasil
Hi, I'm from Brazil and I'll be very glad if you sharing the mac and the ldb content with me.
these is my email: angelochelotti@hotmail.com

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Cologne, Germany
Well, since we have all been treated very shabbily indeed by Navicore, Wayfinde and Nokia I am happy to help out.

My 'lifetime' licence expires in 2nd October 2010 and am prepared to share with those who are entitled to the facility but are denied it through no fault of their own.
Thanks a lot, five more months are much better than nothing! Would you please send me the necessary data? I will send you - just in case - in return the registration data from my original, unlimited license, which I used for 2,5 years and which unjustifiably expired in April 2010.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Well, somebody had the licence extended until 2019 but it seems they aren't willing to share.

Originally Posted by luca View Post
Well, somebody had the licence extended until 2019 but it seems they aren't willing to share.
That is a pity.

Just as a by the way, what risks do we run by sharing the MAC?

In principle, I am still happy to share mine. I have just finished tidying up the ReadMe and zipping the filies.

so far I have had 3 requests.
@Angelochelotti and @zok; PM me your email addresses.
@joy_fun_man; I will get it off shortly

At least this will keep us going until October.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:

Tags
customers?, middlefinger