Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
For me, less lag, everything seems faster, but the most important is battery: it was hard to finish a whole day without charging (7am to 11pm), first day with this was awfull, battery drop in 10 hours, but know l can use it more than 24 hours!!!

One question here

Would it be possible to completely turn swap off?

Code:
/sbin/swapoff -a
seems to go through, but right after that

Code:
free -m
still shows 52-54 swap buffers used, same as before swapoff -a.

Thanks.

Had this weird problem with this, after finishing a phonecall and taking the phone off your ear the diplay would stay black and it was impossible to end the call. Once it got stuck so bad I had to reboot the phone. The problem started when I installed this and now gone after uninstalling so quite sure it had something to do with this app.

Otherwise seemed to work great.

Originally Posted by _Routser View Post
Had this weird problem with this, after finishing a phonecall and taking the phone off your ear the diplay would stay black and it was impossible to end the call. Once it got stuck so bad I had to reboot the phone. The problem started when I installed this and now gone after uninstalling so quite sure it had something to do with this app.

Otherwise seemed to work great.
it happened to me once. Glad to know it wasn't just me.

Just installed it, and already I'm noticing a difference with swiping and closing browser windows/pages

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Hi all,

Can you please say here if after some days of usage, you end up with sms's tracker database corrupted ??? !!!

I ended up in this step after some days ...

A++

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
mine was normal, use it 2weeks ago

it's been a couple of days now, and it's still fast overall. however, unlike other user's posts on battery life, mines actually diminished. before i could go almost 2 days, with it install, i barely make 18 hours.

i hope a reboot of the phone will help things. i did not reboot when i installed it, as it wasn't necessary

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
I installed the app about a week ago but it made my phone really laggy.
Today i removed the app and now my phone is very fast, at least compared to using fastern9.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Not placebo effect.. it definitely is faster. It removes that small lag which was there everywhere. Battery life is the main kicker.. it survived the night and lasted half of the next day while staying connected! Never has this happened before on my N9. I was starting to miss my N8's amazing 2-3 day battery life.. but looks like tweaks like these would make the N9 last longer and become snappier.

I'm not so sure about over-clocking.. either Nokia does it right, or we try to find a stable way of over-clocking. But this small app certainly removes that need for now.

Great simple tweak.. hats off to the dev.