Notices

Really Very nice..i will install..

I've got a problem. I'm working on live wallpapers in flash and I can't seem to load an external file (3DS in that case, I'm using Away3D). The scene loads well in the N900 browser, model is loaded and it works well, but when I switch the flash wallpaper it can't seem to find the 3DS file.

I presume that Live Wallpaper copies the SWF file to its own location. If that's the case I have no idea what location that is. Anyone have any clues? If you're able to help you'll get nice 3d wallpapers XD

Edit: Damn it, I'm wrong. I can't seem to figure out why he won't load an external file. It's not because of wrong filepath.
Im using a simple filepath script:

loader.loadGeometry("Q/Crystal.3ds", max3ds);

and as Maemo's browser finds the file on a local mmc, Live wallpaper can't find it. More to it, both of them try to connect to the internet for some reason. If I swap from an external file to a simple primitive cube creation then everything works fine.

Last edited by ZeNzO; 2011-09-15 at 11:37.

have you tried playing the file with kmplayer?

Also try keeping the .3ds file in the same folder as your .swf file?

kmplayer opens the file correctly so I assume the filepath is correct as well.
But still I can't figure it out.

Can you add the 3d object to your flash internal library at all?

Nope, I can't. But, I think I've figured it out. I've converted the 3DS into away 3d format which is saved as .as file, so can be imported into flash file through script. But this time I have material assign problem XD

Gonna figure this out soon.

Always something! Keep up the good work though!