Notices

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
First of all I am very sorry for not pushing releases as I have promised. Things have been busy at work, doing 8-12 hour days coding I usually enjoy hanging with our dogs and my girlfriend in the evenings. On the weekend I have had gigs (I play the drums in two bands) and other business I've had to attend to. I have already done upload sync, today/tomorrow I will finish testing it and push a release for you guys. The camera pic upload functionality I have not done, but with this new sync capabilities you can setup to sync that too.

No for replies... then off to work to push the new update!

Originally Posted by numerous people
Having problems with dropn900 not starting up?
There was a update for PyQt4 some time ago. I downloaded it and tested dropn900. It does not start up, running the console says something when importing first thing from PyQt4 something in the lines of "sip was built with different version than this qt...". I think they noticed this quite quickly and made a fix for PyQt4. After getting it dropn900 starts up fine again. So if you have problems update your PyQt4 packages.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
There's some empty space left at the bottom right of the main screen... could we have a nice big "Sync" button there, please ? :-)
I have put a sync button to the main menu of the app now, I think this is fast enough access As you prolly wont do this every minute or so anyways. If not lets put a button to the main UI.

Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Love the app. But will the features of being able to send folders from the app and send dropbox request to friends from address book. I would say look at the android dropbox app and might give you some ideas what kinda features you can add in the future.
I dont unfortunately have a android device so I cant check it out. I have seen the iPhone one and got some UI ideas from it. How it shows a folder at a time is nice, with bigger widgets to click on a touch device. I will possibly look into this in the future, there is just some work to implement your own data/view models for this as Qt does not provide exactly what im looking for out of the box.

Address book integration might be possible in the future, I'd have to check out how to set up this kind of thing in maemo, but first I want better functionality to the main app. Folder download/upload is possible also, I will put it on my to-do-list.

Originally Posted by evad View Post
Quick general question about DropN900: does Synchronise feature only work one-way intentionally? I can sync files *from* Dropbox account, but it doesn't seem to sync files added to local folder and upload them to Dropbox server. I was wondering whether it's a bug or a feature? Thanks.
As said above its now coming. So to answer your question it's a "feature" atm. Upload sync was just a bit harder to make so I needed more time to look at the problem.

Originally Posted by Piosio View Post
I use dropbox on my Nexus One today i found this nice app for my N900
But i have problems with authenticate my account
When i try to log it's say wrong password or login...
I have maded new account and i have still that same problem... ;/
Any idea?
I guess it's up to you if you want to answer to this: do you have characters outside the ASCII chars in you email or password? I tried to make the login and whole app unicode but I haven't tested the login with such chars, there still might be bugs outside of that. Other than that I dont have a glue, if your internet connection is ok then there must be problems with the dropbox servers.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-09-12 at 16:40.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Thanks for taking the time to even see about our features request. And take your time you got a life outside of coding and we all understand that.
Only reason I said android was because I have a few friends with it. So whenever I see an app we got that another OS got I usually ask if the features they have can be input into the maemo platform.
Cheers

Last edited by Hotshot; 2010-09-12 at 16:48.

dropn900-0.1.5-3 now available as a download/update!
  • Synchronization now goes both ways as follows
  • --- Upload sync updates existing files that have newer timestamp and is different size compared to server file.
  • --- Upload sync sends new files in existing dropbox paths
  • --- Upload sync sends new local folders and files that do not exist in corresponding dropbox paths
  • --- Upload sync will skip local paths that have non-ascii chars: my code would support this but dropbox python client does not however. It fails to open file objects that non-ascii chars.
  • --- Upload sync will skip temp files that end with ~
  • Sync reporting/confirmation dialog got a facelift
  • Transfers manager updated to support sync uploads
  • Removed python2.5-qt4-network and python2.5-qt4-webkit dependencies
  • Created a new about dialog with more information on the app and paypal donate link

Please provide feedback on the upload sync on how it works. I tried to test all possible scenarios but might have missed some. Code commit for this release.

Note: Again uploading files from your device that path includes non-ascii chars will not work. I have made a filtering system to the sync manager to get these out of the sync files. The report dialog will show you all the skipped files in the end. This is a bug in the dropbox python client that is provided from dropbox.com folks to developers. So it is out of my hands untill I go and modify those sources. The client doesent like file objects that have a path eg. /home/user/äöä.file and will return a error.

P.S. Had some problems with the paypal link under about dialog. Now the buttons should be working and going to correct url Hence the three builds, sorry for the constant updates for those who got -1/-2 builds.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-09-12 at 21:51.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
Brilliant, thanks a lot! First quick test worked flawlessly, I like!

Will this ever come out for the N810?

Originally Posted by borghal View Post
Brilliant, thanks a lot! First quick test worked flawlessly, I like!
Thanks, quick testers here!
Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
Will this ever come out for the N810?
I dont have a N810 and have no idea what it might require to make it work there. Can you tell me if python 2.5.x and python2.5-qt4 are available on that OS? I guess it might be as simple as just pushing the debs to diablo repos with the web uploader here on maemo.org. That just requires the OS to have those two packages for it to work. Also i guess it needs to have the same /opt/myapp possibility and home/<user>/MyDocs folder for the data.

Let me try installing and see what packages are missing.

Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
Let me try installing and see what packages are missing.
Well there is not much point before I would push the following also there. The last two might be there if someone has put them there, but the first is unlikely to be there out of the box.
  • python-dropbox-client - packaged by me
  • python-oauth - packaged by me
  • python-poster - packaged by me

I guess if you get .deb files for all of those then you might have a shot. Check the first post "dependencies" part, it has detailed list on what packages you need for dropn900.

I'll try and look, but I doubt that they are avaliable for the N810

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Just installed and tried sync. Hmm. It works but some of grievances.

I synced 142 files at once and basically i could not scroll transfer window list because it was so badly stuttering and it would have taken too much of finger swiping because it started from bottom. Also device heated little a bit. I do not know how resource critical file uploading is?

I do not know if slow scrolling was because of neat animation besides currently uploading file or just low resources, but IMO even thought eye-candy is in some places nice, but if it slows down or fills too much pixels then itīs just in away. I hope that itīs suspended when you are not looking transfer window.

Also when syncing the main page doesnīt show any indication of on going progress like 1/23 files synced.

Feature requests:
Possibility to select multiple files and download them
Possibility to download whole directory
Double click functionality
Long press functionality

Great application

.edit
Also I didnīt try but what happens if syncing is running on "background" and you start renamind/removing/downloading files on main window?

Last edited by slender; 2010-09-13 at 08:39.