Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Noooooo I mean: it's not like I *need* the Jolla Tablet that badly with my Surface Pro 3 and Jolla Phone still going strong but I was getting very excited now that May was nearing to play with it so I was really looking forward to it

Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Noooooo I mean: it's not like I *need* the Jolla Tablet that badly with my Surface Pro 3 and Jolla Phone still going strong but I was getting very excited now that May was nearing to play with it so I was really looking forward to it
Exactly this, I don't think anyone needs the tablet

And I was secretly hoping they were gonna surprise us and release it early... oh well

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
One month delay.
2 months, and it isn't much anyway.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
July's good.

In a way, it's better - I can get tired of playing with TOHKBD2 only to get the Jolla tablet ;-)

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I can get tired of playing with TOHKBD2 only to get the Jolla tablet ;-)
That's also making certain assumptions

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I have no issue waiting for the tablet. I like a good count up thread. I wouldn't mind a delay a year or two.

The bad thing is that this also postpone everything else. Like a jPhone two. New sw updates.

To me...What I would do if I was managing jolla and in a simular situation...make something fun about the delay. I would contact jolla chocolate and order one bar for every buyer...print a tablet on the paper and ship it in end of may...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-04-23 at 10:41.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I'm ok with it being a few months late. Jolla is being open and very professional about it. Better to get things right and avoid a lot of headaches down the road.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I'm ok with it being a few months late. Jolla is being open and very professional about it. Better to get things right and avoid a lot of headaches down the road.
I would disagree with "open", as they at least said there would be delay because of HW change, i think they did it as they learned on same mistake when phone was released. But still they did still did not provide info on new HW and what was the real reason to do it last minute.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Yet again, please try not to see too much into it. Jolla is not a friendly club, it is a corporation. They are not being "open and very professional", they divulge as little as they possibly can.

When will the next update come out? They made a vague promise a long time ago that they will "endevour to publish one monthly". Does that bind them in any way? Of course not. Therefore they are free to do as a normal corporation does and keep it to themselves until the release time.

The tablet is a different animal. They made a very specific and public commitment to deliver by the end of May. Does that bind them? Of course it does! Now they've realized they cannot deliver on the given date. What options do they have? They have to make another announcement with a revised release date. Not just a vague one ("tablet will be delayed"), but a specific one, such as "end of July".

It has nothing to do with openness. Jolla is not special. It is what any corporation would have to do.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund