Ok. Now I will try to generate diff between my and last ali version (for rx51 code). So then I maybe find real problem...

@Netweaver:
Do you have some kernel patch which fixing this problem?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Netweaver - AFAIK the code is on the same gitorious repo as the ali's.

here

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Netweaver - AFAIK the code is on the same gitorious repo as the ali's.

here
ali's code are hosted on github. But I'm cloning his code to that gitorious repo to have all rx51 u-boot code on one place.

If somebody find something interesting which can break SD card write here.

Last edited by pali; 2012-06-06 at 14:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
@Pali
Could it be the boot image kernel-power v50 (pre) from the first page gz file is not compatible with the latest kernel-power v50 ( modules)?

Today, I installed kernel-power v50 succesfully and after that I decided to installed uboot (had to remove mkimage installation first) and removed multiboot.
I could start kernel-power v50 from Nand from the uboot menu, but when trying to start it from the image, it did not go pass the blinking dots. When I eventually had it overwritten with the latest multiboot image (from kernel-power-bootimg_2.6.28-10power49+pre50_armel.deb) and generated a new uboot image (u-boot-update-bootmenu), it started to work.

As you can see I got it working, thanks for this excellent work. But I was just curious if this could have been the cause, or if I did something else the wrong way.

Originally Posted by ade View Post
@Pali
Could it be the boot image kernel-power v50 (pre) from the first page gz file is not compatible with the latest kernel-power v50 ( modules)?

Today, I installed kernel-power v50 succesfully and after that I decided to installed uboot (had to remove mkimage installation first) and removed multiboot.
I could start kernel-power v50 from Nand from the uboot menu, but when trying to start it from the image, it did not go pass the blinking dots. When I eventually had it overwritten with the latest multiboot image (from kernel-power-bootimg_2.6.28-10power49+pre50_armel.deb) and generated a new uboot image (u-boot-update-bootmenu), it started to work.

As you can see I got it working, thanks for this excellent work. But I was just curious if this could have been the cause, or if I did something else the wrong way.
Yes, boot image in tar.gz file for kernel-power pre v50 is old.

Up-to-date pre v50 image is in package pre v50 kernel-power-bootimg in kernel-power thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Hello all,

I have been using kernel-power from like version 39 or so (im even using pre50) and now i decided to start testing Nemo

As all of you point out, i cant initialize from SD as it says starting kernel and then just shuts down...

I dont know if i havent understood but, with current u-boot from pali there is nothing to do?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Problem can be only with address where to load kernel. Different HW revisions has different NOLO and NOLO can load U-Boot to different addres. And if we load kernel to address space of uboot it can lead to errors (e.g u-boot rewrite kernel or u-boot rewrite itself code...).

But now in U-Boot lowlevel init is assembler code which move u-boot itself to address 0x80008000. Kernel is always loaded to 0x82008000, so it should not rewrite code (max size of kernel and u-boot is 2MB=0x2000000).

But if somebody has problem, please boot kernel with framebuffer included static linked support. It can write some early error logs, which can be usefull...

Can you tell me how to boot with framebuffer included static linked support - I am trying to make nitdroid work with ubootmenu but after u-boot says loading kernel the phone stays like that for about 10 seconds and turns off - I want to see a log or something

Originally Posted by vakkov View Post
Can you tell me how to boot with framebuffer included static linked support...
You need to recompile kernel with framebuffer support.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I loaded the Nemo kernel with flasher -l and still no dice, leaving error -110's before kicking the watchdog timer.

It's definitely their fault, and they need to patch their kernel.

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot