Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Is there a clear documentation of what is going on in those presets (ideal, lv, xlv)? Tried reading, make little sense.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by G_Gus View Post
Mine is unstable at anything more than 900. Even at 900 some thumbnails are corrupted (wrong colors, strange artifacts). If I use the "ideal" preset the phone sometimes will not start / reboot. Now I'm using LV preset, clocked at 850 and it is stable as a rock.
...running on "ideal" preset oc to 900 (now with v39) - never had a problem since months; never encountered any of the topics "G_Gus" mentioned.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by G_Gus View Post
Mine is unstable at anything more than 900. Even at 900 some thumbnails are corrupted (wrong colors, strange artifacts). If I use the "ideal" preset the phone sometimes will not start / reboot. Now I'm using LV preset, clocked at 850 and it is stable as a rock.
Same here. I just did mine yesterday. Ideal 'voltage' (i think) at 850 and web and app manager and conversations kept crashing. I loading the LV via xterm per jakimans receommendation and its super solid. Next I'm going to try to figure out why making widjets with queenbeecon is such a pain in the *** :P When I get those figured out, I will try higher frequencies later...

What exactly do you guys mean by 'unstable'?

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
I've seen images of overclocked N900 up to 1.7GHZ, but that's pretty much unusable since it was connected to a huge fan, if that's what u wanna do then good luck

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
I've seen images of overclocked N900 up to 1.7GHZ, but that's pretty much unusable since it was connected to a huge fan, if that's what u wanna do then good luck
Tell me you aren't serious.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
That was a joke!

1.7GHz = not gonna happen, even with a fan.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

600+600+600=1.8 Ghz
3x overclock

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
That was a joke!

1.7GHz = not gonna happen, even with a fan.
Right, it's a well-known joke, reported early in the overclocking thread and on the Wiki overclocking doc.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
mine is overlocked all time @900 mhz, and on the lv settings, i tsarted with 805 than 850 than now 900, its damm good, stable as a rock, fast as the f22 eurofighter, everytime i unlock the screen and start moving my fingers, i always have that feelling when i first saw this device on youtube and i always get the WAW feelling .

overclocked mine to 1Ghz today. works a charm