Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Good luck with that.

Where exactly do you think you'll get the drivers for the GSM chipset? Or other drivers for N900 unique hardware? WM is outdated, drivers wise, and generally doesn't have drivers for phones it doesn't ship on. May as well try to install XP or Win7. (In fact, that may be easier.)

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
May as well try to install XP or Win7.
"It takes a week to boot up and 3 hours to emulate a single mouse click but hey, win7 WOOOO!!!!"

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Good luck with that.

Where exactly do you think you'll get the drivers for the GSM chipset? Or other drivers for N900 unique hardware?
N900's "unique hardware" is somewhat documented, and thus you could develop the drivers given enough free time. The rest (including drivers and BSP) is provided by TI. Though you'll need quite a bit of good luck to get to them. The "worst" part (aka the GSM, bme, etc.) I have no idea.

Basically, you would be a bit less limited than when trying to port your average kernel (since, for a start, you'd have drivers for the OMAP3).

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "How about Windows Mobile on N900??" with fifteen posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
I think the possibility of running selected WM software on the n900 could be cool. Like Wine with WM support.. As the people say there are software that would be interesting but who want's the WM os on the N900, that's not why i bought the phone and frankly will i would never install such thing.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by radiowc View Post
Hi

I have seen couples of video showing N900 runs Window98, NT, Andriods and even MacOS....super!!! and impressive!!!!

How about running windows Mobile 6.x??????? or run as VM???

Anyone is taking that challenge????

And that is really cool.... Bill/G will be really freak out!!!
NT??? Where? Can you please show me where there's a video showing the N900 running Windows NT!

I really want to see that.. (Not trying to prove you wrong, or trying to be an *******.. I just really want to see it haha)

I would be glad to try ANYTHING EXCEPT WINDOWS MOBILE... I read WM7 would be totally different, but I doubt it.. its still WINDOWS....

Originally Posted by teh View Post
Has anyone yet attempted to dual boot Windows XP embedded for ARM or Windows Mobile on the N900?
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
NT??? Where? Can you please show me where there's a video showing the N900 running Windows NT!

I really want to see that.. (Not trying to prove you wrong, or trying to be an *******.. I just really want to see it haha)

no problem just goto youtube search for "windows nt on n900" and you wil fine one there and already viewed almost 8000 times and counting.

Xp on the device would be nice, WinMo, no thanks, but to be fair, maemo eats both in my eyes. Haha.

Tags
windows nt rulez