Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by aleksandyr View Post
Kicking this back in to gear now that I have a full development environment going again.

I'm aiming to have some packages by this weekend, and if there are a few people (genome4hire has already volunteered) ready on FWDSIP (or some other free service) to help me test, that would rather rock.
I can join bandwagon - I have acct on FWD (FWD# 236039) and technically have everything else

BTW, do you use rtcomm stuff from Chinook or what?

Originally Posted by genome4hire View Post
I emailed Phil Zimmermann about this, and he sent me back a copy of bnlib optimized for ARM.

Chris
I wonder why not use any other BigNumbers lib? what is so special about PZ's bnlib apart from being "native"?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by silpol View Post
whadda ya mean by "nat modules"? afaik, rtcomm stuff helps you to get cross NAT
I mean, ipt_MASQUERADE.ko for the kernel

The ipt_nat-3.2007.10-7 package found on garage.maemo.org doesn't seem to work with my OS2007 (latest version).

insmod fails:

# insmod ipt_MASQUERADE.ko
insmod: cannot insert 'ipt_MASQUERADE.ko': Unknown symbol in module (-1): No such file or directory

It could be useful to change the binding IP of the current rtcomm beta on OS2007 so it can be used over a ssh tunnel without using the wlan0 IP as source and thus getting lost on the way back :-(

Unless of course you have a solution with iproute2 ?

silpol: Currently testing on Bora RTCOMM beta, since it's all I have access to.

bnlib is what Zfone uses and links against, ergo, it's what I want to use.

R-R: I know only the absolute basics about this. I can try to refresh that module for the latest firmware from source, but IIRC you can get that error if a pre-req isn't loaded.

Not sure what you've already tried...

Originally Posted by aleksandyr View Post
R-R: I know only the absolute basics about this. I can try to refresh that module for the latest firmware from source, but IIRC you can get that error if a pre-req isn't loaded.

Not sure what you've already tried...
Oh wait... my fault, i just retried in order and everything worked, haha i thougth insmod would resolv dependancy but i had modprobe in my head... sorry about that, now let's try a tunnel... ;-)

EDIT:
insmod ip_conntrack.ko
insmod ip_nat.ko
insmod iptable_nat.ko
insmod ip_queue.ko
insmod ipt_MASQUERADE.ko

and then if i try some iptables command i get weird results whenever i try to use targets other than ACCEPT, REJECT, DENY (those work fine)...

MASQ/MASQUERADE/SNAT all fail with (simple/stupid example):

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQ
iptables v1.2.11: Couldn't load target `MASQ':/lib/iptables/libipt_MASQ.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Same goes with -j SNAT, it'll complain about libipt_SNAT.so missing... any ideas?

Last edited by R-R; 2007-10-31 at 16:21.

pardon me, i was way too busy to reply in time

anyways, I didn't realize till now that having access to bleeding edge of R&D environment makes me slightly... ahem... flying in the sky and not staying on reality ground

dealing with NAT and masquerading presumably is part of Telepathy task (apart from all other back office tasks juggling) and hence it might be wise to NOT interfere manually

what if we just launch garage project around zphone implementation, although i'm not much happy with terms of Zphone SDK license

I Hear U Project: p2p encrypted internet phone
http://ihu.sourceforge.net

Just posting this as it may interest you guys :-)

any further progress on a port of zfone for the n8*0?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
bump.
I'm also wondering if this project has been continued / improved / finished ?
anyone got a copy of the current zfone-armel-n800.tar.gz they can upload here ?
thanks

That tarball won't do much besides cause issues.

I haven't had a lot of free time for this, and my N810 was stolen last week, but I will try to post instructions on how to make the various bits so people can move forward.