Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
some update on Nemo booting in Bootmenu u-boot.

David Greaves has added a hint to the Nemo bug report on what to patch to MAYBE allow the NEMO kernel to boot on our hw.
I took that patch, rebased it on our 2.6.37 kernel (here) and created the kernel in COBS.

Can anyone take the uImage and modules out of my latest compiled kernel (including that patch) here and try it on a freshly prepared NEMO SD card install ?

It could actually be in the right area, the patch, as I did see once a complete SD card corruption after trying to boot from it, with the stock NEMO kernel, requiring a lowlevel format. And that can only happen during writes

I'm being 'attacked' at my normal business job here, otherwise I would do the testing myself.

Please let me know the results.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
Not "/dst-part" but "dst-part".
So: mount -t ext4 -o noatime /dev/mmcblk0p4 dst-part

With "/dst-part" you search on root dir and theorically dst-part is on /home/user, so wrong path
No idea what that's about. I assumed "dst-part" was just a generic placeholder for the name of a mount point.

In any case, the spacing was all wrong. The choice of a mount point is something very personal so it's none of my business...

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
Can anyone take the uImage and modules out of my latest compiled kernel (including that patch) here and try it on a freshly prepared NEMO SD card install ?
The link needs a username and password. Can you upload it somewhere else?

sorry, this link should work. Forgot about the login requirements.

I just quickly took the rpm, the uImage and all you might wanna see/know about the kernel is in there.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c445...00_armv7hl_rpm

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
updating my own request.

I ran the modified kernel on a newly prepared card and still the same issue
After 100s of error -110 it does fall through to a proper Nemo Mobile screen but again 100s of error -110 later it finally stops with a systemd-fsck alert.
It was worth the try. Please also try on other cards/environments.

I'll update the bug to say it's not the definitive solution.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Tried on a 2GB Nokia uSD and 32GB Sandisk Class 4.
Both ended up exploding under Nemo.

Lemme try once more.

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
I installed this u-boot, and got the penguin logo fine. system booted using stock kernel. since i use kp49, i rebooted and tried to choose kp49, but device stopped at Loading Kernel... stage. after several tries, and edits of /etc/bootmenu.d/ files, nothing at all boots, not even stock kernel.

I understand i must have done something wrong somewhere. anyone can help me 'fix' this? now i can't even charge the device by the way.

I'm sure my rootfs is still fine though, so I don't think a reflash is needed, yet. I suppose there should be some command (maybe via flasher utility) which would 'override' u-boot, allowing me to boot into maemo normally.

Please help

Last edited by sicelo; 2012-03-27 at 10:11. Reason: add more info

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
well, further investigations showed that there were kernel panics as per http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83094 thread. so i'll rescue whatever files i can and reflash.

FIXED: you can follow the discussion with Pali and NIN101 here: http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog/%23mae...03-28T22:46:34

No reflash was needed.

Tested the latest Nemo image on eMMC - no -110 errors at all.

However, performance is completely destroyed, and totally unusable.

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot