Active Topics

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
ok, strace then? ;-)

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Ulle View Post
If someone wants to test supl.sonyericsson.com with N900 there is still the first show stopper to solve: Certificate verification fails due to missing issuer cert.

I found this http://pastebin.com/2dNbJ79L , which was mentioned in an android gps discussion somewhere, and copied line 8. to 28. (the content of cacert.txt) into a file on my N900 .

Then after
Code:
cmcli -c common-ca -a /path/to/that/file
I get with
Code:
cmcli -T common-ca -v supl.sonyericsson.com:7275
a nice "Verified OK".

Edit: I couldn't find the root/issuer cert for sls1.sirf.com and sls2.sirf.com . I sent an email to slssupport@sirf.com (does not exist anymore) and webmaster@csr.com, asking for that. No answer so far ...
Probably because they use self signed certificates

Code:
~ root# openssl s_client -connect sls2.sirf.com:7275
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=0 /C=US/ST=California/L=San Jose/O=SiRF Technology Inc/OU=ISBU/CN=sls2.sirf.com
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:1
depth=0 /C=US/ST=California/L=San Jose/O=SiRF Technology Inc/OU=ISBU/CN=sls2.sirf.com
verify error:num=27:certificate not trusted
verify error:num=21:unable to verify the first certificate
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/C=US/ST=California/L=San Jose/O=SiRF Technology Inc/OU=ISBU/CN=sls2.sirf.com
   i:/C=US/ST=California/L=San Jose/O=SiRF Technology Inc./OU=ISBU/emailAddress=slssupport@sirf.com
---

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
A fix is on it's way to CSSU, please test: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=222

Those of you that have changed their certificates, make sure to revert to "stock" state, otherwise installation may fail/be incomplete, the files in /etc are treated by apt/dpkg as config files and are not auto overwritten on a new package version installed.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@peterleinchen - followup to http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=225

Not sure what you mean by "stock" but if it is PR1.3.1 I guess it makes sense to install everything *certman* , there are a couple of certificate fixes in CSSU not present in PR1.3.1.

Not to say I strongly recommend to install CSSU, be it -stabe, -testing or -thumb

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@peterleinchen - followup to http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=225

Not sure what you mean by "stock" but if it is PR1.3.1 I guess it makes sense to install everything *certman* , there are a couple of certificate fixes in CSSU not present in PR1.3.1.
Thanks, just wanted to be sure you did not code anything into a lib or similar.
I checked packages and yeah they seem to be installable to non-CSSU devices (I know I know).

Furthermore I have seen you exchanged the certs, so content of one into the other file (seen by sha1sum). It is a bit late now, but I began to play with order also and I found that the c_rehash is the one to "blame" (not that I am good in reading/understanding perl)
It fetches all pem/crt from directory, but not in any order. That is the reason why the link 7651b327.0 points to the newer cert, while 7651b327.1 should do so. (That is also reason why f3a27298eeb81b82801c4db69a3027990a2f72e2-1.pem works, as the symlink *.1 points to newer cert.

I checked it by just re-symlinking *.0 to older and *.1 to newer cert. And it worked.

--EDIT
Checked once more. And it is really weird/confusing/erroneous !
Now I added certs again. First old one, then new one (as before). And guess what? It worked without changing anything! When checking the symlinks they showed to the correct locations *.0 to *-1.pem (without manually re-symlinking).
Conclusio? IDK. Seems like it could work on some devices and on some not. Just regarding the order of $flist...

--editedit
Okay, now I am confused. Strike above.
It seems after 'c_rehash /etc/certs/common-ca' everything is fine.
I removed, inserted (in different orders) and more. But it is working always.
So easiest is to
make a backup of 00d85*.pem and 00d85*-1.pem
remove 0085*, cmcli -c common-ca -r 00d85*
remove 7651*.*, rm 7651*
reinsert 00d85* (and 00d85*-1) in exactly this order
cmcli -c common-ca -a backup_of_00d85*.pem
cmcli -c common-ca -a backup_of_00d85*-1.pem
this should be enough.
If it is not working for you, then do a
c_rehash /etc/certs/common-ca
If still not working, then start all over, but readd in reversed order (first 00d85*-1.pem and then 00d85*.pem)

Or just use fmg's patch (before messing around!).

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Not to say I strongly recommend to install CSSU, be it -stabe, -testing or -thumb
I know I know, and the next device -be it a N900 from drawer or Neo900- will have for sure. But this device is so nicely running and customized, I just do not want to "spoil" it.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-08-30 at 22:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
My GPS is not working for about a month. I use supl.google.com and tried a few others.
Ran this command to reset cache :
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/nokia/location

Reflash done(emmc+rootfs), still no help. It's keep on searching and never locks in. Please let me know how to fix this. Could this be a possible hardware issue?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandeep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
My GPS is not working for about a month. I use supl.google.com and tried a few others.

Reflash done(emmc+rootfs), still no help. It's keep on searching and never locks in. Please let me know how to fix this. Could this be a possible hardware issue?
Thanks
If you read the thread carefully you will see that there is a patch in cssu-devel to fix this issue

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post

Thanks
AGPS makes acquiring a fix much faster than just using the gps receiver and doing a sky search. Without agps you will eventually get a fix. sO, if your n900 does not get a fix AT ALL (leave it for 20\30 mins using something besides Nokia Maps) then your device has a hw fault.

(Edit: thanks pichlo for the heads up. Never use Nokia Maps so who would know.....)

Last edited by handaxe; 2013-09-24 at 21:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The problem is that the built-in Nokia Maps application times out after just 10 minutes - even though the time it takes to receive the full almanac under ideal conditions with no retries is 12.5 minutes - which means it will never acquire a lock without help.

This has been discussed countless times, just do a search. Nokia was aware of that and they marked it as "won't fix" ("10 minutes ought to be enough for everybody!").

Get a third-party GPS application such as Location Test discussed in this thread to help Nokia Maps with the lock. It will not make it any faster - for that you need the patch that sixwheeledbeast mentioned - but it will not time out and hence get the lock eventually without the supl server assistance.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Thanks a lot sixwheeledbeast, handaxe and pichlo. I read about that fix(I think maemo-security-certman ??), but i believe it's a fix with CSSU. I don't use CSSU for some reasons. I would like to know whether it's possible to use that fix without CSSU installed. I don't use Nokia maps, i'm happy using the Marble maps which was so convenient for me.
Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandeep For This Useful Post:

Tags
a-gps, nokia n900