Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
No wonder the software sucks. With this much vacation, competition is kicking your *** at every turn.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
No wonder the software sucks. With this much vacation, competition is kicking your *** at every turn.
and you show once again your ignorance on everything.

There are numerous posts on N9 security code and Mfe. Many people having issues. These guys should be working overtime to correct these issues ASAP. No wonder the company is going under.

There are numerous posts on N9 security code and Mfe. Many people having issues. These guys should be working overtime to correct these issues ASAP. No wonder the company is going under.
BBG - Wait! - Sergey just answered here in the Christmas-day? So You are crying of what?

Wake up. Get a life.

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Sergey Xmas is January 6-7th.

Sergey Xmas is January 6-7th.
When is Yours?

Same as yours bud

Same as yours bud
I don't have hollydays now... don't You give any credits to Sergey, who is working on this even on his hollidays?

Have You helped him? And how much?

If not, then leave and have happy times with Your Iphone... And Happy New Year 2012!

[QUOTE=Sergey_Kashin;1142005]Hi all,
>I'm back from vacation and ready to work (a little bit ) and help >again.

>Hello, at least for sales release it was a design decision to make >notifications work like mentioned in your post. So, not a bug >Perhaps, will be changed later in updates.

>NOTE: one of the problems if we are going to change a current >implementation is a case when you are receiving one email per
>few seconds (in always up-to-date mode, for example). Vibration >and sounds looks a bit annoying, just believe me .

Hi Sergey, Thanks a lot for your kind reply.
Just wondering if there is a way I can turn off the sounds - just with vibration - or an opposite way - with new email notifications?
Best wishes for holidays!

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by x220 View Post
Hi Sergey, Thanks a lot for your kind reply.
Just wondering if there is a way I can turn off the sounds - just with vibration - or an opposite way - with new email notifications?
Best wishes for holidays!
No, at least with PR1.1. Perhaps will be something new in PR1.2, but no promises.

Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Not too happy with functionality of this built-in email client. VERY limited on features....
Anyone know if there planning an email overhaul for PR 1.2 ?
Yes, we are planning some cool new features for PR1.2 (some of them are already done).
Can't share videos properly from m.youtube.com
What do you mean when telling "share properly"? You don't like how it looks on youtube app side (definitely not the email issue then )? Can you write your proposal about how it should be done?

my buddy sent me a few .pdf attachments that i couldn't see
You can't see this pdf file as the attachment in email application or you mean that when you are trying to open this pdf file documents tool can't open it? It is quite possible that you got a bug in documents tools app (and perhaps it is already fixed).

no copy/paste functionality, very disappointing.
Yeah, we know and working on it!

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I noticed something strange with one of my N950 IMAP email accounts today; I have the account configured to be always up-to-date. When checking the IMAP server log files, it seems that the e-mail client has been logging in constantly every 5 seconds (filling up the server log files). Is this normal behaviour?
It is happening only with one account on one device? In always up-to-date mode IMAP account should establish IDLE connection and after that no LOGIN commands should be sent to the server (at least while there is no need it). Can you check the logs (messageserver's logs)? Maybe you got some kind of a bug in QMF.

Originally Posted by shreesathe View Post
Yes I got Cant connect to server errors. When I removed the account and retried it it kept on giving me the same error when I know those exact details work without any issue on my N8.

And it may not be just the fact that dev mode was turned on but the fact that I used the below tip to enable twitter to work. I am not so sure exactly what this does but maybe that will give you some hint ?

open xterm (do not devel-su into the terminal)
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso
Well, I checked it on my two test devices (with different PR1.2 builds on it), nothing bad is happened and all MfE accounts are syncing fine. Can you check the logs for this issue or attach them here?

I believe you understand that this issue might be not an MfE issue or even more it could be already fixed?

P.S. Not all our team got holidays (yeah, I'm not the only person here :-D ).

P.P.S. We are (ok, I am personally) celebrating Christmas a bit later

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2011-12-27 at 07:41.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950