Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
We are doing what we can, believe me.
Sigh... not really the pro-active answer I was hoping for...
Whatever happened to people standing-up & "owning problems"?
Oh well, guess I'll just have to accept that vague answer.

You missed one
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Is it related in any way to Meltemi?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US

posted by jefftb:
If you are going to use MfE, then I suppose since accounts will have different domains there shouldn't be any problems in creation of two MfE accounts.
Sergey,

I think I failed to properly frame the problem.

Here is what I have:
A generic gmail account of my name: jeffbxxxx@gmail.com.
Under that I have jeff@domainx.com and jeff@domainy.com.
I can log into gmail desktop browser using any of the above addresses and password. All of the mail goes to the same inbox.

On the N9 I cannot create a gmail inbox using either of the jeff@domain addresses but I can the jeffbxxxx@gmail.com.

I can only only create one MFE inbox for the jeff@domainX/Yaddresses. It can be one or the other but not both.

Whenever I try to create the second it tells me that it exists even though it does not.

The only thing I really care about is the ability to select either of the jeff@domain addresses as the sender field when composing an email. It does not matter to me if they all come to the same inbox. It also would not matter to me if they were all separate inboxes. Cumbersome/clunky-yes, functional yes.

Right now I have selectable jeffbxxx@gmail.com and jeff@domainY.com under the dropdown for the sender field.

In android when I setup the one gmail account all of the reply/sender options were populated and I could easily select the one I wanted.

To me, it would seem the ability to merely add a "sender/reply to" field would be doable and easiest, but then I'm not doing the stuff you are.

J.

Last edited by jefftb; 2012-01-03 at 15:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jefftb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
You missed one
no, I'm not

Originally Posted by jefftb View Post
Here is what I have:
A generic gmail account of my name: jeffbxxxx@gmail.com.
Under that I have jeff@domainx.com and jeff@domainy.com.
I can log into gmail desktop browser using any of the above addresses and password. All of the mail goes to the same inbox.
Just a temporary solution. Try to use "Other Mail plugin" instead of Google and create all needed accounts (perhaps you will need to use manual setup).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Aw c'mon man!
A vague confirmation of whether it's related to meltemi won't get you in trouble, surely!?

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Stop trolling and buy the phone.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Stop trolling and buy the phone.
I'm the troll? Wow, talk about massive hypocrisy.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-03 at 18:06.

Hey.

My unproven guess is, that some encoded "empty" String is passed over in CC by MfE. Therefore it could make sense, that my server (Z-Push,Zarafa, or Sendmail) would deliberately at some "domain" information during the transition process (result would be "EMPTY-STRING@localhost"). However, thats just a wild guess.

Thanks for your effort.

Cheers.

Last edited by CluelessN9; 2012-01-03 at 17:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CluelessN9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
no, I'm not

Just a temporary solution. Try to use "Other Mail plugin" instead of Google and create all needed accounts (perhaps you will need to use manual setup).
Here's the progress I've made this AM. Went into Google and added my jeff@domainX as an alternate email log-in address. Logged out and in to confirm that email address/password combination are successful.

Deleted old google account and created new one with the above credentials. N9 repeatedly asks for google password, no number of entries will get accepted.

Going this route I get jeff@domainX and jeff@domainY in the dropdown sender/reply to options though.

Tried alternate "Other Mail" option. I must not be entering the proper information because outgoing SMTP server fails every time. I believe it is related to the outgoing address of jeff@domainX as opposed to my jeffxxx@gmail.com.

Anyone have success at setting up Other Mail option with Gmail?
J.

The Following User Says Thank You to jefftb For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I'm the troll? Wow, talk about massive hypocrisy.
Did you buy the phone yet???

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Did you buy the phone yet???
Shut up already.
I have bought the phone, I have the n950 as well and I've tested the MfE client against Exchange 2007 as well as Zimbra. It works for me.
If you're unwilling to help the people out here trying to fix problems, then at least don't get in the way. Take your argument offline or in PMs and out of this thread.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950