Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
I have a iGo bluetooth keyboard which I've been using for the better part of a year with my n810. However this weekend it refused to pair.

I've always had to delete the definition from the bluetooth devices, and re-pair as it never seemed to resume connection. (annoying but I could live with it)
However now every time I try to pair I hit 'ok' on the dialog that presents me with a number to enter on my keyboard, and it instantly brings up a pop-up saying pairing failed.

I'm booted from the memory card, so I tried booting back to the other image on internal memory, and that paired no problems. So clearly I've gotten something into a state which is unhappy.

I looked through gconf-editor and I see that it still has keys listed for every bluetooth device it's ever seen, even though they've been deleted from the devices list. But I can't do anything with those values, so I can't delete them or anything.

I'm now stuck, any ideas what I can try to get things working again? I'd rather not have to figure out re-flashing things if I don't have to

Cheers,

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Just to mention, there are quite a few open bug reports about the iGo keyboard in https://bugs.maemo.org . :-/

Thanks, I hadn't thought to look, since it has been working fine, and I've not done anything that I know of to change setup.
However one of the bugs listed sounds the same, except I've not performed any backup/restore.
The comments do list a possible fix which I'll try later when I get home.

well, not sure how it got in such a state, but following one of the filed bugs I found, I added an entry in /var/lib/bluetooth/../linkkeys that was basically a copy of the previous line but with the BT address of the keyboard.
Then it showed up as a paired device, but as is normal for me, it would not connect. I then deleted it, and re-paried and everything worked fine. And I'm now typing on my bt keyboard again.

Werid problem, but all ok now.

Tags
bluetooth keyboard, n810, pairing fail