Thank You ,download worked, will processed to install software . to try to reboot the phone. hope this is easy to do

just type ''R'' ? while in the flasher application ( and THAN plugged to my n9) or it doenst matter if its while its plugged

On a Mac do I use Terminal X? how do i begin the software ?
and will the only step to type in command is

''flasher -R''

i installed the software and nothing happened ? why do i feel like a newb

**UPDATE on terminal i see :Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...
USB device found at bus 253, device address 3.
Device serial number is N/A
Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1501
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_005
Success

and its ON!!!!!!

***Phone is amazing , i have the White N9 and im Synching Everything wifi in 2 secs via bluethooth thru its own app , i have stop checking this forum for a while, any new cool stuff,apps,gadgets ,forums lately for the n9 anyone can let me know about?

Last edited by Ermany; 2013-04-27 at 10:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ermany For This Useful Post:
Damit.

My power button is completely broken. I tried this and the problem is I have 2 boot options android and maego - so when I choose maego it just gets dark after a 15 sec or so..

With powerbutton it never goes dark like this after I choose the boot option maego.
Is there no way to make it think I actually pressed the power button?

Damit, need to get inside my phone..

edit: I was however able to get into Android and can now see my files in the phone, although I can not connect phone thru usb to computer to transfer them..
I tried rebooting phone by downloading some app but it seems not possible to download these apps for some reason.

Last edited by maxdroid; 2013-07-01 at 00:43.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by maxdroid View Post
Damit.

My power button is completely broken. I tried this and the problem is I have 2 boot options android and maego - so when I choose maego it just gets dark after a 15 sec or so..

With powerbutton it never goes dark like this after I choose the boot option maego.
Is there no way to make it think I actually pressed the power button?

Damit, need to get inside my phone..

edit: I was however able to get into Android and can now see my files in the phone, although I can not connect phone thru usb to computer to transfer them..
I tried rebooting phone by downloading some app but it seems not possible to download these apps for some reason.
ok here's what i did :

first i reflashed (nitdroid) kernel only and it didn't pass the meego boot screen and second based on an advice on irc i was told to enable rd mode and --set-rd-flags=force-
power-key . It booted normaly and then i disabled rd flag and it did the trick

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
why does the power key break what is the reason? Is it hardware fault? If hardware fault then i think a jumper from the battery line to power key can do the job . But i dont have the the device so cant say how it is configured.

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
ok here's what i did :

first i reflashed (nitdroid) kernel only and it didn't pass the meego boot screen and second based on an advice on irc i was told to enable rd mode and --set-rd-flags=force-
power-key . It booted normally and then i disabled rd flag and it did the trick
Umm okay.. How do I go about doing this exactely. (I got flasher installed on windows so have manged to make it reboot using the reboot command flasher -R although only blackscreen after it reboots.)

Do I loose information if I reflash kernel only and as I asked how do I do it?
The other command, where do I type this and after reflashing kernel I presume?

I'm not very familiar with this stuff unfortunately. Thanks for the answer hope I can solve this!

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
why does the power key break what is the reason? Is it hardware fault? If hardware fault then i think a jumper from the battery line to power key can do the job . But i dont have the the device so cant say how it is configured.
It's hardware. It's like the resistance just dissapears from the button and you can no longer push it and make the phone register the push no matter how hard you do it.

Do I dissassemble the phone for this, how do you mean?

Have a good one

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by maxdroid View Post
Umm okay.. How do I go about doing this exactely. (I got flasher installed on windows so have manged to make it reboot using the reboot command flasher -R although only blackscreen after it reboots.)

Do I loose information if I reflash kernel only and as I asked how do I do it?
The other command, where do I type this and after reflashing kernel I presume?

I'm not very familiar with this stuff unfortunately. Thanks for the answer hope I can solve this!
ok let's try without reflashing kernel although no data is lost .
Use there 2 commands :
flasher.exe --enable-rd-mode
flasher.exe --set-rd-flags=force-
power-key
and tell me if it boots normally .

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
hey you mean the power key juct dosent produces the click like before right . If it is the problem then replacing the switch can do the job it just seems a faulty switch by your description . can i get a photo of the switch either from the web or your device

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
ok let's try without reflashing kernel although no data is lost .
Use there 2 commands :
flasher.exe --enable-rd-mode
flasher.exe --set-rd-flags=force-
power-key
and tell me if it boots normally .
Will try this within 2 hours and let you know, thanks a lot

edit: I'm connecting the phone before I type the commands, or after like flasher -R? will just try both ways if no answer until I get home

Last edited by maxdroid; 2013-07-01 at 18:03.

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
hey you mean the power key juct dosent produces the click like before right . If it is the problem then replacing the switch can do the job it just seems a faulty switch by your description . can i get a photo of the switch either from the web or your device
I don't know how the switch looks either, but you're probably right although I've heard you have to change the whole chassi for phone since the switch is in this.
I still have one month of warranty left thankfully but still.
It's the nokia n9 power button (below volume buttons) I'm talking about..