Hi guys

I'm looking at getting a SFOS device but the tablet and phone don't really appeal to me.

I was looking at some community ported SFOS devices and have noted that the Nexus 5 seems to have a lot of love in the community. But i never did like them.

Other than the official devices, what phone & tablet can i buy that can flash SFOS onto, that is that i don't have to port over , it seems that some OnePlus devices have some builds aswell as the some Sony phones.

Cheers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NuGy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
You can either buy an Intex Aquafish from ebay or wait for an official port for the Fairphone 2 (although the device is rather pricey)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
You can either buy an Intex Aquafish from ebay or wait for an official port for the Fairphone 2 (although the device is rather pricey)
The intex device looks a little weak spec compared to the nexus 5 and i was looking at something similar.

The Fairphone is just something else... quite an expensive niche device.

Wiki has an article with ports, has anyone tried any of the devices on the list, phone & tablets?

The Following User Says Thank You to NuGy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by NuGy View Post
The intex device looks a little weak spec compared to the nexus 5 and i was looking at something similar.

The Fairphone is just something else... quite an expensive niche device.

Wiki has an article with ports, has anyone tried any of the devices on the list, phone & tablets?
More detailed list of ports in Mer wiki.

I have tried with Nexus5 and RaspberryPi2. It is nice indeed on Nexus5!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
More detailed list of ports in Mer wiki.

I have tried with Nexus5 and RaspberryPi2. It is nice indeed on Nexus5!
Wow, that's a very nice list.

Now which of those support android apps either via dalvik/sfdroid?
  • jolla
  • Nexus 4&5
  • Anything else?

The tablet section looks a bit sparse...

Can anyone add the HP Touchpad to the list as it seems to have a working SFOS2 rom

The Intex looks more and more appealing but the hardware...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NuGy For This Useful Post:
The only phones that support android apps via AlienDalvik are official Jolla phones (Jolla, Jolla C and Intex). The Nexus 5 works with sfdroid; I cannot speak toward any others.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
I really hope some kind of 3,5-4 inch device with Sailfish OS will be released in the (near) future. I'd buy it without even looking at the specs.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I really hope some kind of 3,5-4 inch device with Sailfish OS will be released in the (near) future. I'd buy it without even looking at the specs.
I think the closest so far is some of the compact Sony Z series. I've a z1 compact and it's not much bigger than an n9 but has a 4.3" screen. Unfortunately for me there's a lot of red boxes in the adaptation chart. The z3c fares better.

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

In theory libhybris shouldn't be required with Sony as they've been releasing sources.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
I was looking at that list as well, but unfortunately the red boxes are in all the wrong places, the porter for the Z1 Compact is no longer working on it, the Z3 Compact doesn't seem all that compact anymore at 4,6 inch and is on the expensive side anyway (of course I say this having paid full price for the Jolla phone). Good to hear Sony are releasing sources, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
+1!

Sailfish would fare marvelously on a small screen. That is where the swipe navigation would really make a difference. Not on big screens where buttons make more sense.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: