Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Quick, somebody call the fire department!

Attachment 31673
Nokia is too hot?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

how could Nokia "attack" the "lower" end market with the Windows phone being expensive to produce to begin with? They can give away h/w but don't they still need to pay for the Windows O/S?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA

Attachment 31673
Nooooo... Life Call! Nokia's fallen, and it can't get up!

Gotta ask my question to those optimists out there: Did you buy more stock? How's that working out for you?

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
how could Nokia "attack" the "lower" end market with the Windows phone being expensive to produce to begin with? They can give away h/w but don't they still need to pay for the Windows O/S?
Hahahah! I love how you jumped to the conclusion that they can even manage to give them away. Microsoft tries SO HARD to get people to embrace this platform (obnoxious, overt product placements in movies and TV shows.. constant advertising in movie theaters and other places) but all I see people doing is either growling with annoyance at these ads or laughing at them (not because they're intentionally funny). It's anecdotal, sure, but to this day--except for store displays and the ONE person a little more than a year ago (coworker of my brother) who was embarrassed to have one and annoyed at its problems--I have yet to see any more of these "in the wild." I have a hard time even imagining that they can even be given away.

Meanwhile, on Bing...
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2013-04-18 at 18:18.

Attachment 31673
Call the fire department because their WP platform's on fire.

Call the fire department because Elop needs to be fired.

Dig it? Good.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Elop says:

We're just a bunch of Maemo fans Nokia will success with WP9.

Nokia is trending!

Name:  nok-130419.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  20.9 KB

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Call the fire department because their WP platform's on fire.

Call the fire department because Elop needs to be fired.

Dig it? Good.
The expression that something is "on fire" usually implies that it is "hot" and therefore popular. I don't think that's what you meant. :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
The expression that something is "on fire" usually implies that it is "hot" and therefore popular. I don't think that's what you meant. :P
Dude, what are you talking about? I said what I meant and I meant what I said. You're confused.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Dude, what are you talking about? I said what I meant and I meant what I said. You're confused.
But did you know what you said and what it meant?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

It sounds like MS itself is not so pumped up about their phone(the performance of)..ref: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...rface-pc-sales (last two line of the article), so can Nokia really have much hope?

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha