Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
1. It seems that .gtkrc-2.0 has the MurrinaNightOrange theme, so the windows should be themed. What package is missing in the image for it to be done?
2. The font size is very small in Mnemosyne. Can it be increased?
3. The problem with window focus seems to have it's root therein that the window doesn't regain the focus automatically when it's maximized: you can experience it when you go to the task switcher and then back to the affected app.
/edit: 4. transmission-qt causes a watchdog reboot.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2015-05-23 at 20:04.

5. /etc/xdg/Trolltech.conf should contain
Code:
[Qt]
style=GTK+
for proper Gtk styling. Doing this with qtconfig does harm to Maemo! (small but still)
6. lxappearance doesn't detect the MurrinaNightOrange theme but it does detect Raleigh

Tried to install easy-deb-croot. Couldn't find libxmu6. Tried to fix it with an apt-get but the lib doesn't seem to be available.
This is the second 'app' I try to install with dependency issues - am I missing a repository? I installed CSSU - as far as I know the only repo needed and installed is then extra.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Tried to install easy-deb-croot. Couldn't find libxmu6. Tried to fix it with an apt-get but the lib doesn't seem to be available.
This is the second 'app' I try to install with dependency issues - am I missing a repository? I installed CSSU - as far as I know the only repo needed and installed is then extra.
Its in nokia repo which are down, search for mirrors posted here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Works, thanks! Great to have Debian on the N900 and have access to a lot of additional software. Thanks to Qole and sulu for the latest updates and support.

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Tried to install telegram but immediately ran into dependency failures.
https://github.com/vysheng/tg
sudo apt-get install libreadline-dev libconfig-dev libssl-dev lua5.2 liblua5.2-dev libevent-dev libjansson-dev libpython-dev make

Beyond my skill set to solve those but before bugging anyone with questions I am wondering - in its current state - is it even possible with easy Debian to install something like telegram?

Done some more investigating resolved the biggest hurdle (that prevented me from installing anything)
After that I could install dillo and iceweasel - locale error messages and dbus and dbus-x11 error, but they still are installed and seem to work.

After that installed libreadline-dev libconfig-dev

libssl-dev
Result the following packages have unmet dependencies : libssl-dev: Depends: zliblg-dev but it is not going to be installed.
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

The following dependencies are needed as well - lets see if those can be installed:

lua5.2 liblua5.2-dev libevent-dev libjansson-dev libpython-dev make

Installed lua5.2 - libevent-dev - libjansson-dev and make

Following issues:

liblua5.2-dev : depends libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed.
libpython-dev doesn't exist so I tried python-dev and this results in another dependency issue
python-dev : depends python2.7-dev (>=2.7.3.1~) but it is not going to be installed.

I assume this problem resides in the arm-debian repository and is not related to Easy Debian?

Maybe try apt-get update? And later apt-get install -f

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Thanks, forgot to mention I also tried that. Unfortunately it didn't help. Tried to install build-essential to have the ability to compile from source. Also ran into dependency issues installing build-essential - apt-get complained about missing libc6-dev.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze