Active Topics

I have configured my gmail with my N900. I am able to receive messages. But while sending message it remains inside outbox and is never delivered. Can someone help me in this?

Thanks in Advance

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Depends on your smtp-server . . .

Home network or connected through 3G?

Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Depends on your smtp-server . . .

Home network or connected through 3G?
I tried it with my home network (WiFi) as well as GPRS. In both the cases messages do get stored in inbox, its just while sending, it gets trapped in outbox and remains there forever in failed mode

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
which smtp server do you use for gmail? Use the smtp of your network provider will solve it . . .

Change settings in email that you will use the settings depending on the internet connection . . .

But if I am using Wifi, how is SMTP settings of Cellular service provider going to help? While receiving the mail it always works. The problem is only while sending the mail although in Outgoing SMTP Servier I have specified "smtp.gmail.com".

The same setting is with my Microsoft Outlook also, which I use for my gamil account at home.

What I didn't understand is, for each and ever connection (the wifi list that it shows) and mObile office it ask for different settings in SMTP server.

Afterall its internet. so should'nt there be a common SMTP Server for gmail ??

Last edited by maverick788us; 2010-12-28 at 10:29.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
hi,outgoing mail in gmail needs SSL connection,,port 465.....

The Following User Says Thank You to thumbs For This Useful Post: