Notices

I would argue that due to feedback on camera-ui replacement's initial inclusion, this should not replace stock just yet.

As there are a lot of people not yet using this, I would like to see it installed along side stock for testing in the next cssu update. You could force it to be default player but add a temporary menu to associate mime types or restore to stock. Once the bug reports start coming in for the next update, check feedback. If all is ok, remove stock in the following release. This way if the user encounters a serious problem, they have an easy solution.

On a side note, if it is included will we have to wait for each new cssu release to receive updates to omp, or could it be updated mid cycle.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
russian translation (very early beta, i need to see what i do.. )

how to test it? =\\

upd: v 1.1 with some fixes

ok... i retranslate some things and release it mb today.

Last edited by wow23; 2011-11-13 at 14:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to wow23 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
@wow23

You must create a "openmediaplayer.ru.qm" file with QT Linguist (Release as...) and to test it on the N900 just copy the file to "/opt/openmediaplayer/lang".

Last edited by sbock; 2011-11-13 at 14:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
That is a "feature", that I think should be disabled by default.

Press in the Menu Bar and open Settings screen. You'll see an option where you can choose what to do when exiting the player, choose "stop playing" and it's done.
i meant 'openmediaplayer ' still in background sometime even the song has stopped ,usually i love the feature ' do nothing ' to safe battery life when i am jogging or etc, but openmediaplayer still run in background , again sometime which is battery killer,
hope u understand it
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

The Following User Says Thank You to cloud596 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
russian translation:

.qm + .ts

+-some things will fixed
Attached Files
File Type: zip openmediaplayer.ru.zip (13.6 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by wow23; 2011-11-13 at 16:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wow23 For This Useful Post:
I found a bug, compared with stock media player. If you start playing music and begin chatting everytime there's a new message the song stops for a second and after the chat sound (new message) has played it resumes. In the stock player the sound of chat doesn't interrupt the music. This is quite annoying and in the end I have to stop chatting or playing music. Other from that this player is awesome. Thanks for the effort.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
I found a bug, compared with stock media player. If you start playing music and begin chatting everytime there's a new message the song stops for a second and after the chat sound (new message) has played it resumes. In the stock player the sound of chat doesn't interrupt the music. This is quite annoying and in the end I have to stop chatting or playing music. Other from that this player is awesome. Thanks for the effort.

Change profile to silent instead if you want continu chatting

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Change profile to silent instead if you want continu chatting
thanks for the workaround, but I would rather have the same behaviour as the stock media player

Sorry for being old'good'rascal, but any chances of updating the first post? It is extremely challenging to follow current state of Open Media Player (especially vs. stock Media Player), for ones - like me - that are not following every and single post in this thread. Or, maybe a Wiki page?

Thanks in advance.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I think Wiki is a good idea, so a list of features is available in one place. Unfortunately, I'm overloaded with work at the moment and don't have much time for anything else than posting here from time to time and relax a little by fiddling with the source. Anyone wants to start a page? I'll probably join later.

Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
omp from repository doesn't close properly, it will stay run in background, even the song pause or stop, so in order to close omp i shuld killall openmediaplayer,
i am sure its not tied up with the previous one from this thread cause my n900 still new fresh after reflash fiasco and emmc
I had a situation with the player not closing completely and continuous 100% CPU usage, but that happened to me only once and I cannot reproduce anything like that.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
That is a "feature", that I think should be disabled by default.
Stopping the playback will be the default behavior, starting with the next update.

Originally Posted by wow23 View Post
what's the "lazy sliders" in settings?
When sliders aren't lazy, song/movie progress is adjusted immediately to the slider position. With the lazy option, playback position is changed after releasing the slider. The latter is smoother, but some people prefer immediate preview.

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
which lyrics backend is used?
http://lyrics.mirkforce.net

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
On a side note, if it is included will we have to wait for each new cssu release to receive updates to omp, or could it be updated mid cycle.
I'm no expert, but I think frequent updates are possible.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse