Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Some time ago I was itching for a tablet, and decided to get an Ainol, since they are considered among the best of the chinese tablets. Somehow really never got as far as ordering one, and am quite content usign N9 and a laptop anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
After seeing this thread I would definitely go for the nexus7 too.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
i just ordered GN7 for 1900 rmb ,its about 3 hundered $ ,sighs ! but i think to get the original stuff you got to spend the money ,hopefully tomorrow or day after tomorrow i will be posting my experience .i guess GN7 just won over cheap chinese tabs.
By the way thanks to everyone who participated in this thread & helped me to buy the right thingy .Thanks once again people !

Last edited by imo; 2012-11-06 at 08:09.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by imo View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfroj...eature=related
whats your idea ? should i go for novo 7 (ainol) anal fire ? lol
rockchip is better amlogic dual core has issues.

Originally Posted by imo View Post
i just ordered GN7 for 1900 rmb ,its about 3 hundered $ ,sighs ! but i think to get the original stuff you got to spend the money ,hopefully tomorrow or day after tomorrow i will be posting my experience .i guess GN7 just won over cheap chinese tabs.
By the way thanks to everyone who participated in this thread & helped me to buy the right thingy .Thanks once again people !
well choice is choice. is your gn7 8gb or 16gb.I wanted myself to buy when i heard it was around 199$ but i went to buy is found it way more then advertised. You should have gone for lenevo A2109 instead its around 250$in china has same tegra 3 as in google nexus and has sd card slot too plus its 9inch.
Now am waiting for ramos w30/w30HD if they turn out to be good am buying myself one .

Last edited by raaj13; 2012-11-06 at 13:44.

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
After seeing this thread I would definitely go for the nexus7 too.
still doesnt change the fact the device itself is dependent on cloud storage.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
It doesn't. It supports otg, and 16gb is ok for starters, as soon as you ditch android you don't need the cloud at all.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
It doesn't. It supports otg, and 16gb is ok for starters, as soon as you ditch android you don't need the cloud at all.
8gb cost around 300$ 16gb will be around 400$.
ditching android just saves space from apps and games not for music and videos. usb flash drive is and option but its doesnt power most external hdd well since otg was never official feature of nexus 7.It's said to be providing inadequate power for external hdd's. And I won't be carrying a bunch of pendrives in my pocket just because my tablet doesnt have sdcard slot whereas my 60$ secondry phone has a sd card slot . I never see a reason how sd card slot will rise tablet price by 50$ when my secondry phone provides it in 60$ along with 3g support

and you still wifi connection for internet surfing if you want to use it as internet device.

Last edited by raaj13; 2012-11-06 at 15:22.

Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
... I never see a reason how sd card slot will rise tablet price by 50$ ...
the speculation has been that MS is charging a fee for their patent on FAT(or something like that) as file system for the external SDCARD, plus somewhere I read that there is a technical reason(but it can be resolved with extra effort -- ie. costing the manufacturer more money to develop) on the android o/s.

Now, according to this http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21022054044954 Apple wants a between $20 to $40 per unit for their patent, so MS may not be far behind especially if MS/Apple really wants to make android device too expensive for the end-user.

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
the speculation has been that MS is charging a fee for their patent on FAT(or something like that) as file system for the external SDCARD, plus somewhere I read that there is a technical reason(but it can be resolved with extra effort -- ie. costing the manufacturer more money to develop) on the android o/s.

Now, according to this http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21022054044954 Apple wants a between $20 to $40 per unit for their patent, so MS may not be far behind especially if MS/Apple really wants to make android device too expensive for the end-user.
Then I dont see how chinese tablets are selling around 60-90$. all of them would be gone to pay apple and ms then. And also didnt they have to pay ms for fat filesytem already?? since ur 6gb space on a 8gb nexus 7 will be using it?

Last edited by raaj13; 2012-11-07 at 03:08.