Active Topics

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
About this issue with deleting mails:

I don't yet have a Jolla phone, so my question might not make sense at all, but: Usually with POP3 accounts there's settings like "leave messages on server yes/no" and "deleting mails will also delete them from server".

Are there such settings on the jolla phone? If so, what are yours? If no, what is the default jolla uses?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Not sure what you are talking about...
Well I meant the first impressions at engadget and theverge, but in the meantime I've also read very positive stuff, like the more extensive review at golem.de.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by att View Post
The backups seem to be in .vault directory in nemo user's home directory. It seems to be some kind of Git based solution (similar to git-annex).
I don't work on backup but I got this info from a colleague:

.vault is basically a git repos and also there is _blobs_ dir inside git storage dir. It's not exactly git annex but it's near
There are no tools yet to sync it remotely, options are to use tar, or rsync, or git+rsync

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Well I meant the first impressions at engadget and theverge, but in the meantime I've also read very positive stuff, like the more extensive review at golem.de.
Exactly my point. You also have to read between the lines... engadget said that "the Samsung Galasy S2 has our favourite camera" back in the day. I mean, come on. The N8 was still farily usable then and it has a camera that is 10 times better. They may suffer from fanboyism sometimes, and money can do incredible things too ;-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
so based on the responses to android compatibility, i take it you cannot leave whatsapp running in the background to get notifications? meaning we need a native whatsapp app. yes?

Hi

A couple of apps questions:
- Can you merge contacts like in n9?
- Can you select/copy/paste text in the email app?
- In n9, the music app had trouble when you had 2 albums with same name but different artist (it will pick one cover for both). Is this happening?
- scrobbler (last.fm) support in the music app? there's maemo-scrobbler for n900/n9 maybe that can be ported.

Thanks,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Hi

A couple of apps questions:
- Can you merge contacts like in n9?
Yes, very similar and works better
Not yet, but think it may come. Copy paste of text in otherapp is quite good.
- In n9, the music app had trouble when you had 2 albums with same name but different artist (it will pick one cover for both). Is this happening?
Music app is a mess, see my Media app post.
-
- scrobbler (last.fm) support in the music app? there's maemo-scrobbler for n900/n9 maybe that can be ported.

Thanks,
Can't help with the rest

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
About this issue with deleting mails:

I don't yet have a Jolla phone, so my question might not make sense at all, but: Usually with POP3 accounts there's settings like "leave messages on server yes/no" and "deleting mails will also delete them from server".

Are there such settings on the jolla phone? If so, what are yours? If no, what is the default jolla uses?
No there is not setting so the mails stay there

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
The Music App, my view after one week
The bad

In all songs view there are MP4 videos showing in the list! These do not show in the gallery section, in fact the Media and Gallery terms are misleading. I would expect video to be in media not gallery. At present we have the worst of both worlds

To make matters worse any video media will not play in the media app. This means that in “shuffle all” mode the music will stop.
I am glad you have informed care@. This always helps and it makes your voice heard.

Could you please share one of those videos? It does seem that tere might be something wrong with the media indexer within tracker.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Only in reply/new email mode.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience