Active Topics

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
For all the travelling photographers - maybe something like this ist an even better solution for you and it's available for less than € 25,- ...
http://www.kingston.com/us/support/t...s?model=MLW221
Using it for ages for my iPad (Apple isn't even thinking about implementing any card reader hardware ... ) and it works perfect - it's also possible to copy files from a card to an USB drive (even to a HDD) directly
Apple has its own card reader. See http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD...-camera-reader

I'd be surprised if Kingston's Android app works on a Jolla. My Olympus has wifi built in but the Android app relies on setting up an adhoc network between the phone and the camera and that isn't supported in Jolla's android layer.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Just as an aside but the discussion here about voting and polls on tjc is fruitless.

Firstly, Jolla proposed a question with a groundwork for what the poll should be about. Over the course of the next few days and weeks the community provided answers of which many completely ignored the question. The community then voted up or down each answer. On tjc good and niche ideas can be buried by negative voters.

I'm not a statistician or pollster but it strikes me as a peculiar way to run a poll. The winning answer, even though it might be invalid, can win just by having the largest differential between for / against but not necessarily the most votes cast out of all the possible answers . A last minute answer might even swing it if the anti-voters aren't mobilised.

Thankfully we don't choose our politicians this way.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
You probably will not be able to read this then (unless someone quotes it), but still...

I am sorry I offended you - that was never the intention and I sincerely apologize.
I don't find the word offensive myself - the reason why I included it, together with the emoticon was to lighten the discussion, because I felt that things are getting unnecessarily heated - but I respect that you do and will therefore think before using it in the future. I never intended to use it to offend you or to undermine your position.

My intention in the discussion was never to "win", but to offer my view on Jolla's decision and the consequences it might have for them. The discussion with you was interesting for the initial stands - I hate exFAT to the guts, but I felt that Jolla did not follow their promise and it was more important for me, while you did support exFAT, but felt that community should have the final word. The discussion was certainly interesting and I thank you for that.

Only time will show what are the consequences.
I accept your apologies and removed you from the my ignore list.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2015-02-01 at 14:03. Reason: Removed personal comments

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
And then you have types like rcolistete. No matter how many facts you throw in their face, they will insist on their version of reality, ignoring some facts, augmenting others and twisting the rest to suit them.
Ah, thanks for reminding me. I always fall into this trap. I keep arguing with people because I think if I only find the right level to communicate, they'll eventually present the facts that led to their opinions or (even better) give me evidence that shows the facts I believed in were wrong.

I never think of the possibility that people skip the facts and jump to forming opinions right away. That's why I stay in such loops forever usually.

Guess I better quit, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Jolla Tablet campaign in 2014 has reached :
- US$1,824,055;
- 7,242 Jolla tablets;
- 176 Jolla phones.
Now the Jolla Tablet campaing in 2015, from January 29th to today (February 1st) :
- US$1,995,159 (US$171,104 more);
- 240 Jolla tablets with 64GB (US$249);
- 2,659 upgrades (US$25) from Jolla tablet 32GB to 64GB (37% rate);
- 47 Jolla tablets with 32GB (US$219);
- 11 Jolla tablets with 32GB & Jolla phone (US$419);
- 46 Jolla tablets with 64GB & Jolla phone (US$449);
- total of 286 Jolla tablets with 64GB, 58 Jolla tablets with 32GB, 57 Jolla phones.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Update, from January 29th to today (February 6th) :
- US$2,054,582 (US$230,527 more);
- 351 Jolla tablets with 64GB (US$249);
- 3,050 upgrades (US$25) from Jolla tablet 32GB to 64GB (42% rate);
- 70 Jolla tablets with 32GB (US$219);
- 15 Jolla tablets with 32GB & Jolla phone (US$419);
- 72 Jolla tablets with 64GB & Jolla phone (US$449);
- total of 423 Jolla tablets with 64GB, 85 Jolla tablets with 32GB, 87 Jolla phones.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
The current total now stands at $2,130,878

I have also bumped up my purchase with the 64gb upgrade too But may is still so far away and I do not want to wish this year away so soon :?

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
In what aspects is the UI on the Jolla Tablet going to differ from that on the phone?

I installed Sailfish OS on my N9 a long time ago and hated almost all the design decisions they made. Since then I'm stuck with Android.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
In what aspects is the UI on the Jolla Tablet going to differ from that on the phone?

I installed Sailfish OS on my N9 a long time ago and hated almost all the design decisions they made. Since then I'm stuck with Android.
When you hated *all* design decisions they made, then I think Sailfish OS is simply not for you.
Sailfish OS is not an Android clone and I hope it will never be.
If you want something like Android, then use Android.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
+1! Also, I don't see why you should be "stuck with Androud". You already have the N9, why not just use that? It is a very nice phone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
indiegogo, jolla, jolla tablet