Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
I believe, he means the Nexus 9? I am also confused with this every time :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
I believe, he means the Nexus 9? I am also confused with this every time :/
Good observation, but I still think it's Nokia N9 he means; he says he has installed SFOS on it a long time ago, and I don't think Nexus9's been around "for a long time" yet?
(In fact it is not even for sale in finland yet, it's that new!)

One shouldn't really base any real opinion about SFOS on familiarity of some possibly incomplete port, IMHO.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
When you hated *all* design decisions they made, then I think Sailfish OS is simply not for you.
Sailfish OS is not an Android clone and I hope it will never be.
If you want something like Android, then use Android.
Well I'm not a fan of Android. In particular because switching between apps on my S4 is still nowhere near as seemless as it was on the N900/N9. All I wanted was an N9 with better specs.

Things I disliked about Sailfish during my short trial on the N9:

- Visual style. Its just weird and painful to the eyes.
- Text for commonly used actions. Where are the icons? I hate text-based UIs.
- Pulley menu gets stuck and doesn't feel right.
- Fade-out for 'pushing' an app to the background doesn't feel right.
- I thought swipe to go back was a good idea at first, but it requires your thumb to swipe from left to right, which doesn't work nearly as well as from right to left. I'd rather have a button at the bottom left for going back.
- The arrangement of the home screens, notification screen etc. is not particularily intuitive.
- When I swipe away the lock screen it doesn't seem to go back to the app I opened before. Unlocking the phone is something I do 100x a day, and at best every unlock should take me directly to the app I was using before locking the phone.

Anyway, the problems I had may be solved by now or were due to the fact that I tested Sailfish OS on my N9.

Last edited by Rugoz; 2015-02-21 at 16:19.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Anyway, the problems I had may be solved by now or were due to the fact that I tested Sailfish OS on my N9.
Yes, just as I stated, you should not judge SFOS based on ports done by community.
That it indeed rus at all on N9 is a feat by itself.

However current SFOS (update 11) is a very different OS when compared to the N9 version, which is U3 if I remember correctly...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
When did they move back the delivery date? Indigogo is now showing June 2015 across all perks. Are we early adopters still going to get ours in May?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
When did they move back the delivery date? Indigogo is now showing June 2015 across all perks. Are we early adopters still going to get ours in May?
That's for the second round of people.

Those who pledged in the initial funding will get theirs in May, those who are pledged in the second round (February) will get theirs in June.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
I hope they fix the gears at the icon of the Settings app, because currently this configuration just won't work in real life.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
I hope they fix the gears at the icon of the Settings app, because currently this configuration just won't work in real life.
Lovely
You must be a Mech.Eng. by profession as spotting that hideous problem! (I only now saw it and yes it really needs a bit of tuning)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Lovely
You must be a Mech.Eng. by profession as spotting that hideous problem! (I only now saw it and yes it really needs a bit of tuning)
It does work.
The only problem with it is the choice of colours.

White on Yellow, just doesn't work.
They could've gone with White on Red, or something, to get the contrast.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
It does work.
Until you try turning the gears (Yeah, I also never noticed it before. Now I can't unsee it. Thanks, veeall! )

The only problem with it is the choice of colours.

White on Yellow, just doesn't work.
My aesthetical feelings must be very different from yours because I actually like the subtle colour scheme. BTW, thank you for spelling colour correctly

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
indiegogo, jolla, jolla tablet