Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
yeah, seems to be normal. I'm also still waiting for the invitation mail to confirm my address and pay the taxes..

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Same here. So we are not alone with waiting.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, some people are waiting for tablet. Some people are waiting for refund. So what is Jolla waiting for? Just asking...

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Well, some people are waiting for tablet. Some people are waiting for refund. So what is Jolla waiting for? Just asking...
I think they are waiting for the money to run out again

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I think they're waiting for the one month period to expire that they set out in the refund email, which is 16th April. By that time, everyone will have had a reasonable amount of time to opt for a refund if they want one. Some people who were getting a tablet have opted for a refund instead. After this, Jolla can ship the tablets and refund the money.

Email says 3 to 4 weeks, 3 weeks will be this Wednesday.

But really what's the point in them waiting? Just seems like they are doing things the hard way.... again.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Well, I'm still waiting before accepting the refund in the hope that maybe enough people in the queue before me (I pledged at about 11:00 and my order number is around 1000 in the list) will accept the refund thus possibly bumping me to the gets-a-tablet category.

Did anybody see this happen already (being bumped from refund to gets-a-tablet) or am I just waiting in vain ? ;-)

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Well, I'm still waiting before accepting the refund in the hope that maybe enough people in the queue before me (I pledged at about 11:00 and my order number is around 1000 in the list) will accept the refund thus possibly bumping me to the gets-a-tablet category.

Did anybody see this happen already (being bumped from refund to gets-a-tablet) or am I just waiting in vain ? ;-)
I don't quite understand this. Are you saying that if you had not responded and enough folks ahead of you decided to take the refund you could then be eligible for a tablet. I did not see this option when notified about refund. It would seem to me that not responding would be tantamount to forfeiting both tablet and refund. Jolla needs to clarify this.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I don't quite understand this. Are you saying that if you had not responded and enough folks ahead of you decided to take the refund you could then be eligible for a tablet. I did not see this option when notified about refund. It would seem to me that not responding would be tantamount to forfeiting both tablet and refund. Jolla needs to clarify this.
My logic is that if someone eligible for the tablet decides for a refund instead, then someone else should become eligible for getting a tablet - based on the order number of course.

So I basically plan waiting with the refund request as long as possible (which means cca till the 16th of April) in case enough eligible-for-tablet people with a lower number refuse the tablet/donate their contribution to Jolla.

A clarification if it actually works like this would certainly be welcome.

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
My logic is that if someone eligible for the tablet decides for a refund instead, then someone else should become eligible for getting a tablet - based on the order number of course.

So I basically plan waiting with the refund request as long as possible (which means cca till the 16th of April) in case enough eligible-for-tablet people with a lower number refuse the tablet/donate their contribution to Jolla.

A clarification if it actually works like this would certainly be welcome.
At this point, it is probably best to assume the worse case scenario as there has basically been no evidence to the contrary...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund