Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Hello guys, I am just really confused.. I am willing to buy an Xbox 360 after a few days. Some people convince me to go to PS3, while others tell me to go for 360. I want to play the newest and strongest games here yet, I don't really care about online games.. I just want to sit and play on it, I want the strongest of graphics and the one that barely overheats. I wan't a console that can run copies (I will not waste each $30 for one original game, I would much rather buy a cracked game for 0.99 Cents.)
All in all, xbox 360 or PS3?
-Call Of Duty
-Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012
-Max Payne 3
-Mass Effect 3
-Saints Row 3
-L.A Noire
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
wait for XBOX 720 or PS4.

in the mean time. Buy a jolla device

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
Xbox360!!!

Well, I own the Xbox 360. On hindsight, I should have bought the PS3. Paying 50 € a year for being able to play games online seems kind of stupid, especially since it's free with the PS3. But then, you said you won't be playing online. Overall, Xbox 360 and PS3 are the same. If you're looking to play downloaded games, you should look for places that sell modded consoles that can play downloaded games. Just buy whichever is cheaper..

If you are wanting to play pirated games, then you are pretty much stuffed for this gen. Both consoles will be subjected to Network and On Disk system updates that can revert any software changes made to the consoles. One good example I can give of this was a couple of years ago when MS left a good number of UK users with paper weights after an update was pushed down and bricked their chipped consoles. (haha)

As for the games consoles themselves, many do say that the Xbox is better for multi-platform games, which if you are not a developer means that the Microsoft does not have many Top tier 1st party games. Sony has many in house IP developers who are very good at pushing the envelope of the PS3 and then the 3rd party companies have become quite adept at masking over the short comings of both machines.

I have both machines and my preference goes to the PS3. If you are wanting to be cheap with you gaming habits the I would go for a ps3 too, you can get a greater number of online services for free and without the need to pay for an online subscription. That said though, see what your friends are playing as you would be able to buy/swap/share games with them.

The PS3 is the superior console, but the 360 has its perks:

360 advantages:
- Some titles get ported a little earlier
- Some games look a little better (DirectX vs PS SDK)
- Has a few more exclusive titles
- About $50-$100 cheaper
- Best online community
- More players
- Arguably better controller
- Kinect is a gimmick, but its still an option

PS3 advantages:
- Bluetooth means cheaper, generic and much much more accessories
- Online gaming is free (unlike Xbox)
- It plays BluRay
- A few exclusive titles
- The hard-drive can be removed, replaced, upgraded (even to SSD)
- More content can be saved and played off the console (eg Movies in HDD)
- It can browse the internet (and so becomes a "Smart TV")
- Record TV
- PS Move is a genuine "body motion sensor" with less hassles
- Backwards compatibility with select models
- Linux support on [very] old version consoles

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
Well, I own the Xbox 360. On hindsight, I should have bought the PS3. Paying 50 € a year for being able to play games online seems kind of stupid, especially since it's free with the PS3. But then, you said you won't be playing online. Overall, Xbox 360 and PS3 are the same. If you're looking to play downloaded games, you should look for places that sell modded consoles that can play downloaded games. Just buy whichever is cheaper..
I don't care about online gaming, my internet is 1 MB/s anyways, so it won't give me any advantage

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
wait for XBOX 720 or PS4.

in the mean time. Buy a jolla device
Well, I don't want holographic games and 3D ones :P And I want a cheap console.. I am not ready to pay a lot for 1-inch upgrade :P If you know what I mean..
Edit: RockstarGames also clearly mentioned that upcoming GTA V will be working on Xbox 360 and PS3 I don't want better games than GTA V..

Last edited by AMD; 2012-10-14 at 15:12.

Thanks for all your suggestions; I just want to clarify that I don't care about online gaming since my internet is slow so useless.. My house is not so big so kinect/PS Move is useless too. I don't care about Blu-Ray. And it's not my option to get pirated/copy games, but this country barely has stores that sell original games.. I don't wanna go to another city just for each game.. So I am stuck with copies which is only compatible with xbox. Now you know what i exactly want, so.. Xbox or PS3? And I am not a billionaire so I can't get something more than $300, and if I am going for an xbox, I will get it without the kinect, how much will it cost?

+ I heard that Xbox 360 has common problems; red ring of death.. Rapid overheating.. ? Is this true? I don't want to fall in the trap though.. Although I don't know which one to go for, the xbox looks much more beautiful.. I hate PS3 design..