Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
Originally Posted by codetracer View Post
How to get N900 flasher to work in Windows 7 64-bit (x64).
  • Install Flasher 3.5 - http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php
  • Download libusb-win32-bin-1.2.2.0.zip - http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/
  • Press U while starting N900 and attach USB
  • Wait for the original driver to install.
  • Run inf-wizard.exe (bin folder in zip) - Run as Administrator
    1. Press "Next"
    2. Search in list and select "0x0421 - 0x0105 - Nokia N900 (Update Mode)"
    3. Press "Next"
    4. Press "Next"
    5. Save .inf file
    6. Press "Install Now"
    7. Press "Install this driver software anyway" on warning message.
    8. You should get "Installation successful." and press OK.
  • Check Windows Device Manager for "libusb-win32 devices", expand and verify "Nokia N900 (Update Mode)" can be found.
  • Now you are ready to run Flasher 3.5 with your parameters.
when i follow this instruction, With the command prompt still open on your computer from the firmware flash, we can now flash the eMMC file. Type in the following commands into the command prompt with hitting enter at the end of each line. when i type flasher-3.5.exe -F emmc.bin -f -R and hit enter, the usb symbol in the upper right corner of my phone disappears and the lib-usb win 32 also disappears in the device manager on the computer. suitable usb device not found, wating.

Originally Posted by codetracer View Post
How to get N900 flasher to work in Windows 7 64-bit (x64).
  • Install Flasher 3.5 - http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php
  • Download libusb-win32-bin-1.2.2.0.zip - http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/
  • Press U while starting N900 and attach USB
  • Wait for the original driver to install.
  • Run inf-wizard.exe (bin folder in zip) - Run as Administrator
    1. Press "Next"
    2. Search in list and select "0x0421 - 0x0105 - Nokia N900 (Update Mode)"
    3. Press "Next"
    4. Press "Next"
    5. Save .inf file
    6. Press "Install Now"
    7. Press "Install this driver software anyway" on warning message.
    8. You should get "Installation successful." and press OK.
  • Check Windows Device Manager for "libusb-win32 devices", expand and verify "Nokia N900 (Update Mode)" can be found.
  • Now you are ready to run Flasher 3.5 with your parameters.
this clearly works for flashing the firmware, but is there any solution for flashing the emmc?

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
You will need to flash both the fiasco image and also the eMMC image - I take it you *had* NITDroid installed as you are flashing with Mido.Fayad's fiasco image - and the only reason for this (as far as I'm aware) is to allow you to install NITDroid. On this basis I would guess that you either went to uninstall or upgrade your NITDroid install and instead of cleaning out only the Android /home you also cleaned out your own Maemo /home, resulting in your reboot loops and the black screen with purple bar.

I'm surprised that you managed to flash fiasco successfully from a 64bit W7 install to be honest, as 64bit W7 is supposed to be incompatible with Maemo-Flasher.

Seriously, Linux LiveCD to boot from and flash both fiasco and eMMC without rebooting in between them. The reboot switch is the
Code:
-R
so on the first flash, omit this from the command you input into the prompt.

This should clear up any problems that you have, but will lose all the data you have in your phone.

And I know it's tempting, but NITDroid is not for people who are not massively technically minded. It takes a modicum of expertise to install, uninstall, apply fixes, set up APN's, etc etc so if you are not that way inclined, my best advice to you is to leave it well alone....
you are spot on, that whole nitdroid episode got me in this situation, i too am running win 7 64 and im not able to flash the emmc, im gonna try linux live cd and pray because iv thrown the kitchen sink and the bathtub at this problem and nothing works.

Win7 64bit here, flashing both VANILLA and COMBINED works fine for me

Originally Posted by Atarii View Post
Win7 64bit here, flashing both VANILLA and COMBINED works fine for me
so what was the secret to flashing the emmc with Win7 64bit?

3 win7 pc's in my home and now i have to buy a win-xp computer inorder to hopeful fix my phone.

Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
so what was the secret to flashing the emmc with Win7 64bit?
Pretty sure I just followed codetracer's instructions as above. I just checked my libusb version installed and it's 1.2.4.0.

when i follow this instruction, With the command prompt still open on your computer from the firmware flash, we can now flash the eMMC file. Type in the following commands into the command prompt with hitting enter at the end of each line. when i type flasher-3.5.exe -F emmc.bin -f -R and hit enter, the usb symbol in the upper right corner of my phone disappears and the lib-usb win 32 also disappears in the device manager on the computer. suitable usb device not found, wating.
i had the same problem ! I hooked up an E72 and windows automatically downloaded all the drivers for the e72 ! if u have a friend that has an e72 ask him to let u borrow it see if that works.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
3 win7 pc's in my home and now i have to buy a win-xp computer inorder to hopeful fix my phone.
That's one thing you could do...

Or you could read the Title of the Freakin' thread and then maybe a post or two...

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
That's one thing you could do...

Or you could read the Title of the Freakin' thread and then maybe a post or two...
ok so maybe u could help me out a little. i can successfully flash the firmware anytime i want, but for the EMMC, its a no go. maybe i missed something or im doing something wrong but i'v read this thread and i cant find any solution for flashing the EMMC.

Tags
stupid windows