Notices

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
NEW RELEASE - 0.0.12

This is just a simple fix so the application applies correctly the settings saved on the previous session to the map (traffic, bike, accuracy, map type).

Thanks YoDude for reporting.
and now
NEW RELEASE - 0.0.13

and TOR is working
thanks man

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
NEW RELEASE - 0.0.12

This is just a simple fix so the application applies correctly the settings saved on the previous session to the map (traffic, bike, accuracy, map type).

Thanks YoDude for reporting.
Superb!
To add to the wish list:

The ability to save the current zoom level on exit so that it reopens at that level in the next session.

And... the ability to open in full screen as an option.

I only use data and no phone on my N900. If I could use your contact program I would, and would help vote it out of "testing" purgatory and into the mainstream.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Originally Posted by fcrochik
If you or anybody has the development environment ready (scratchbox/diablo/qt) it should be a matter of just commenting out stuff that I can help pointing out and create the package.
Hi. I have dev environment for diablo installed and i ready to help with porting this to N8x0.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Hi. I have dev environment for diablo installed and i ready to help with porting this to N8x0.
Mitrandir,

I found the diablo toolchain on one of my machines and tried to compile geeps for diablo to find out what we would be up against.

It seems that it will be harder than I first thought - a lot has changed since the Qt4.5. Also, I am not sure how good the webkit/script packages implementation was back then.

Some time ago I tried to find out about the status of the Qt4.6 backport to diablo without much success. I only found a repository on git but no indication of its status and/or when packages for it were successfully generated. I have to say that I haven't played much (if any) with my n800 since I got the N900 but I still love the big screen and think it has big potential.

Do you have experience with Qt development on diablo? I think the very best thing we could try to do is find out is if it is possible to get Qt4.6 working on it - it would allow us to backport several qt applications to diablo.

If you want to try to port geeps to qt.4.5 please let me know and I will try to help you as much as I can but you have to be prepared to change a lot of code and still not have it working well in the end.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Is there any chance for Transit search to be integrated? This amazing app is great but for those of us in cities that have this option it would be a great addition.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
it changes actually from white-white-little_bit_gray to obsolute white. waited a long time. btw can u add the loading thing to the title when it downloading(like in app manager when it's updating) ?

Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Is there any chance for Transit search to be integrated? This amazing app is great but for those of us in cities that have this option it would be a great addition.
If you mean " public transportation" unfortunately the answer is no. Google currently does not have any plans to make it available as an API because of "licensing issues".

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
it changes actually from white-white-little_bit_gray to obsolute white. waited a long time. btw can u add the loading thing to the title when it downloading(like in app manager when it's updating) ?
I will look into it.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
just try to leave it for an hour, no result, just getting supported by google title in the bottom.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
just try to leave it for an hour, no result, just getting supported by google title in the bottom.
Please try this url on your "web browser" and see if you get any errors.

http://www.crochik.com/gps.html

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: