Well the easiest way to repel those eagerly annoying people (trolls?) is just to plainly lie ... say Nokia's display has more pixels and the battery life is double the iPhone's, say you can download p0rn and that it has a better AppStore but you're too cheap to waste money on it. Don't let them interfere when youre talking and end your speech with, well anyways they're both really good phones but I prefer mine just a little better.

... they cannot respond to this (unless they call your bluff, so remember PokerFace!)

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
I have one major 'thing' against apple. Basically its the fact that the price is totally unfair. Apple products, as you may know, are manufactured by Foxconn. And recently there have been a series of suicides regarding poor working conditions etc..

So therefore, my point is, with Apple you buy a product with a high price tag, but most of the money goes into buying fuel for Steve Jobs' Merc SL 55 AMG (i must admit, that is one nice car ) instead of paying the workers fair wages.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
I have one major 'thing' against apple. Basically its the fact that the price is totally unfair. Apple products, as you may know, are manufactured by Foxconn. And recently there have been a series of suicides regarding poor working conditions etc..

So therefore, my point is, with Apple you buy a product with a high price tag, but most of the money goes into buying fuel for Steve Jobs' Merc SL 55 AMG (i must admit, that is one nice car ) instead of paying the workers fair wages.

Foxconn makes something for pretty much every brand out there. Foxconn also makes many parts used in Nokia phones.

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-10-04 at 14:55.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
iPhone SUCKS!

At least, let's say it's for noobs.

iPhone is not even comparable to N900.

Just show them Easy Debian, and how LXDE looks. That should be enough.

But don't let it bother you... Seriously, who gives a **** what others think??

Also, some reasons over here: http://www.adelamlj.com/index.php?op...n900&Itemid=71

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Foxconn makes something for pretty much every brand out there. Foxconn also makes many parts used in Nokia phones.
I didn't know that Foxconn and Nokia had a trade agreement.. My mistake...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You know... what kills me is that people care what others say/do about their gadgets that they also had to work for, which is a representation of their choice... and people argue that.

It's their money, it's your time... walk away. I do.

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
yeah. that's exactly what i also do. when they ask me why i don't buy one and it's not like i can't afford one, i just say that i'm not too much into high tech gadgets and my n900 was just a gift. lol

that shuts them up all the time.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I believe the one way to win that game of phone (dick) comparisons is to not play at all. When my iphone flashing friends come and show of ther shiny little gadget into my face and pointedly tell me "My iPhone is better than your crappy Nokia", I quietly respond "Yes, yes it is". That usually quiets the ones who're looking to troll me.
For the ones who don't shut up, I log into their wifi, rdp into their Windows machines and reboot.

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
honestly those people just doesn't realize that they think theyre getting more. but in fact, they're just paying more everytime.

and on top of that, theyre kissing apple's *** while it takes away their money.

and some, actually use their iphones as something they draw self esteem from. how pathetic.

Last edited by shockgiga; 2010-10-05 at 00:29.

Tags
the very, worstthreadever