Any alternatives out there? Just scratched my screen AGAIN with the official one.. would love a proper rubber tipped one.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
You don't use a screen protector?

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Any alternatives out there? Just scratched my screen AGAIN with the official one.. would love a proper rubber tipped one.
Are you certain that the stylus is scratching the screen and not just putting smudges on it?

Have you tried cleaning the screen with a soft cloth and a mixture of water and isopropyl alcohol?

I believe the OP, I have several scratches on my screen from the stylus. I try really hard to not use it at all now. I don't really care though, that's why I don't have a screen protector, but the stylus is the last thing I expected to scratch my screen. I haven't seen any stylus replacements, but I would be interested if anyone has.

P.S. Why is it with this forum that the first couple comments are always along the lines of "are you SURE you're not ******ed?" These types of comments don't help anyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaltedVomit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i have this scratches too but im not sure that the stylus is the problem.
i would buy a better one but it have too be as bis as the original one so i can put it in the phone.

i will wait until my screen is totally ****ed up then i let the whole screen and black metal ring replace for 99 euros

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I have had this happen to, its tiny particles sticking to the tip of the stylus, it get picked up from the screen. I often swirl the stylus against jeans or other clothing material a few times, like zooming in microb. Replacements styluses are available, I have bought originals from here. But I use screen protector so its only the protector that get these tiny sharp scratches.

http://www.mytrendyphone.com/shop/no...us-23070p.html

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

The Following User Says Thank You to inidrog For This Useful Post:
First, you should attach a screen protector. Then using a stylus pen to replace your finger.
As I don't know which kind of stylus you are looking, so I suggest this stylus catalogue for you: http://www.sourcingmap.com/cell-phon...-980_1872.html
I am using a replacement pen for my Samsung F490 phone. It's Soft rubber tip, let me type with precision and tap or scroll with ease.