After fixing your youtube link I tried it for myself.

It lost two bars... and apparently boosted power because it regained full signal in seconds. Make the video again with longer footage.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ leigh-on-sea, UK
Why do people get so irrate?

If you like Apple then buy Apple products.

If you like Nokia then buy Nokia. Done.

No need to b****

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to amebes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ironm8 View Post
I actually tend to agree with the basis of this rant.
Nokia are being relatively hypocrit about this all.
After years and years of making phones, No phone should dop calls! this is a BASIC feature you know, making calls.
So if thats what Nokia is proud of this days i must say it is pathetic.

Its never about the mass of error effected devices but about the popularity of that certain device. If the iphone 3g and 3gs wouldnt have got crutial updates to fix some bugs, we would have read about it everywhere. however, nokia kept the n900 in this talk.maemo.org "cage" and we are like "survival" participents who actually have to take care of our own and no one will ever get their 1m$.
So since the n900 and the maemo platform in general sold around 100k products, we cant make the same "wave" that is bound to hit Finland's shores and hurt Nokia's Image. And thats what its all about - IMAGE.

In conclusion, i have to say that i have been faithful to Nokia, but following their behavior with the n900, this might be my last nokia ever.
So would it have been better if Nokia never released the n900 at all? I agree they don't have their act together and its total bs how they have treated the n900 but I'm glad that it got released.

So much potential completely wasted.

Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
Oh come on, we cant blindly bash Apple even on this forum. They made a very fair offer, "if you dont like your phone bring it back and get your money back".

Would Nokia ever do that?
"they made a fair offer"

or they are obliged by law to refund if a product is not fit for purpose....

The Following User Says Thank You to baron von bubba For This Useful Post:
Reason why it's so out there is because Apple uses the media alot so of course news like this is big news too. It goes both ways.

To me the weirdest thing is how Apple reacts to something like this and openly makes the event about bashing other brands. Trying to make all this seem just like what the OP fell too, Apple vs all others.

Simply put there is a problem that is acknowledged by consumer reports in it's test and by others, but somehow when it's Apple we talk about everything else that got nothing to do with the problem. Admit it, fix it and move on.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
It is easy to tell people "if you don't like it return it for a full refund" when most of their customers are "stuck" with apple because of all the money wasted in the app store.

I have workmates that would have changed to the N900 a few months ago, but never did because they have 100's of dollars invested in apps and games.

So if you bought an iPhone4 and you are not happy with it, what are you going to do? Go back to the 3Gs? Or just get an iPod touch so you can still use all the apps you invested on?
Either way most Apple customers are stuck.

Last edited by H3llb0und; 2010-07-17 at 11:02.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I have workmates that would have changed to the N900 a few months ago, but never did because they have 100's of dollars invested in apps and games.
You say it like its a bad thing. Updates are free better than having to buy a new version of a product.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
  • If you have a problem with your N900, go ahead and sell it
  • If you have a problem with Nokia, go to Forum Nokia and start there
  • If you want to whine on this forum, please search for an already existing thread, and do it there
  • The N900 will have MeeGo... not sure where did you get the other opinion from

Anyway, trolling on Maemo.org will yield no results for anyone, so please move on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
come 12 months i guarantee most of you would be holding (no pun intended) n900 as a fantastic device. true that might be because we will have to go through meego's maturity (slow too i would guess) but n900/maemo 5 will be missed.

as for the OP. steve loves attention thats why he talked to his slaves. even then after weeks of ignoring the problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
come 12 months i guarantee most of you would be holding (no pun intended) n900 as a fantastic device.
True or not its a shame so many people had to suffer and ended up selling it over this year (not to mention a bitter Nokia aftertaste as well).

Largely because Nokia couldn't be bothered to spend any decent money on its development and progression.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-17 at 11:43.

Tags
delete me, free publicity, n900 is perfect, worstthreadever