Hello everyone! Maybe someone will be able to help me with an issue described below:

I followed instructions on how to install Google Play Store on Sailfish OS (http://jollafin.blogspot.co.at/2013/...for-jolla.html). It works great with most of apps but one problem that I'm experiencing is that I can't redownload my purchases. I can view them but they show up in the store as never purchased and when I try to buy and install them I get an error message.

I've tried to install those apps through Play Store web interface but it also fails - it starts the installation process on the phone (at least it shows a message) and then nothing.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to justdidit For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by justdidit View Post
Hello everyone! Maybe someone will be able to help me with an issue described below:

I followed instructions on how to install Google Play Store on Sailfish OS (http://jollafin.blogspot.co.at/2013/...for-jolla.html). It works great with most of apps but one problem that I'm experiencing is that I can't redownload my purchases. I can view them but they show up in the store as never purchased and when I try to buy and install them I get an error message.

I've tried to install those apps through Play Store web interface but it also fails - it starts the installation process on the phone (at least it shows a message) and then nothing.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
copy the .apk from the phone as a backup?

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
copy the .apk from the phone as a backup?
What do you mean ?

My problem is that I can't install purchased apps form Play Store. Ofcourse I can get the .apk and sideload it but it's not what i want to achieve.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
I think at this moment there are not enough Jolla's sold to have people encounter the same problem. Give it a couple of weeks and the Jolla users are crowding here.

This is some kind of a permissions issue. I have it too.

With GooglePlay store the paid applications get first downloaded under /data/app-private directory with a temporary name vmdl*.tmp. Then they would be copied under some other directory with a different name and/or installed. Have to find where android logs stuff.

For time being you can copy them to /data/app directory with the FingerTerm, and rename them as yourprogram.apk. To get the names correct eg. com.something.somethingelse you would have to let the android handle the installation process, but it is not neccessary.

Found the logs. It is the command
/opt/alien/system/bin/logcat

The errors I get installing a bought app are:

W/ActivityManager( 6952): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache/downloadfile.apk
W/ActivityManager( 6952): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/app-private/vmdl[randomnumber].tmp
W/dalvikvm( 6952): threadid=16: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group 0x40e39360)

Two first errors seem to happen also when the installation is successful with free apps, so they do not mean much alone. However paid apps are most likely signed with a key to prevent piracy, so they might trigger some checks that cause the Gapps to crash.
Yet again you can install the same bought apps downloaded from same origin so it is not a full incompatibility issue with alien dalvik.

Buying procedure in itself is working; I have bought both apps and music through GooglePlay on Sailfish.

The 'No content provider...'-error also seems quite common with Android homebrew ROM, and common cure that is chmodding (o+rwx) to following directories did not help:
/data/local/tmp
/data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
I followed instructions from linuxg. When I got to rsync I received error 23.
Did this:
Code:
[root@localhost nemo]# rsync -av –ignore-existing /home/nemo/Other/system/ /opt/alien
sending incremental file list
rsync: link_stat "/home/nemo/–ignore-existing" failed: No such file or directory (2)
I read the error that there is no system-folder, which does exist.
Code:
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1165) [sender=3.1.0]
Should I be worried?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
[–] wrong symbol. [--] is right symbol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
[–] wrong symbol. [--] is right symbol
Basic copy-pasta error. Huge thanks coderus!

I have a problem with Play Store when I try to open it and automatically close after a second. The applications using Google Play works correctly (like foursquare).
Also all other Dalvik applications close.