Notices

Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
Bacon.

https://www.mtv.fi/lifestyle/makuja/...ioluen/5854432
Mark my words getting drunk would have never been better.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
The "Reinheitsgebot" has become a farce
It had its meaning some hundret years back to gurantee a minimum standard. But now that we could technically do actually tasty beer within the given Frame, the industry changed the product into a maximum shelf life, ultra filtrated, every damn sort tastes 98% the same kind of brainwash. Yet still fullfilling the Reinheitsgebot and thus market their cheep tasteless imitations as premium.
And i am not even a craft beer advocat
Im sorry w0t, are you saying German beer sucks?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Good news my vegan chums!

Here's a list of 20 vegan friendly ciders

If you haven't tried cider or perry give them a go

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Good news my vegan chums!

Here's a list of 20 vegan friendly ciders

If you haven't tried cider or perry give them a go
But, like @pichlo noted, those still contain yeast which technically is an animal...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
PS. Have you uploaded source somewhere?
I have started to develop some basic GUI Git support for tIDE..
I have not yet, due to it being more difficult to set up github keys on the phone. I'll try and do that this weekend. That said, native Git support would be awesome!
One other suggestion: Would it be possible that, after building the RPMs, they are copied over to Documents? As it stands, they are in a location that can't be seen by the browser's file picker if I try to upload to openrepos, so they need to be copied to Documents manually first.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
But, like @pichlo noted, those still contain yeast which technically is an animal...
Technically they are being classified as fungus, so it's not so trivial to consider them animals. You can safely drink yeast and still be vegan.

About cider, I have no idea if they are vegan-friendly or not, but if they are, please consider French cider brands. They typically are a very different beverage than what is considered cider in the international (or British?) meaning. A lot less sugar, and ultimately a totally different taste. While French cider (either from Brittany or Normandy, the two competing regions in this regard) is one of my favorite light drinks, I can't even finish a glass of the sweeter ciders from Bulmers, Magners or Aspall, which shows that they really are distinct types of ciders.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-08-02 at 15:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
a very different beverage than what is considered cider in the international (or British?) meaning.
Depends on what you consider "international".

In America, for example, "cider" means "apple juice".
In Britain, it means "alcoholic drink made by fermenting apple juice".

My reference to yeast was of course tongue in cheek. But there is only part of a joke in every joke. There is at least one definition that says a vegan is "someone who eats plant products only". Yeast is not a plant

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
There is at least one definition that says a vegan is "someone who eats plant products only". Yeast is not a plant
For that matter, neither is salt.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I have not yet, due to it being more difficult to set up github keys on the phone. I'll try and do that this weekend. That said, native Git support would be awesome!
One other suggestion: Would it be possible that, after building the RPMs, they are copied over to Documents? As it stands, they are in a location that can't be seen by the browser's file picker if I try to upload to openrepos, so they need to be copied to Documents manually first.
I won't give any estimate for Git support, I have been busy with other cool projects..
But that other suggestion: sure! I will add it to next release. I am happy to hear all suggestions/improvements/feature requests.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
About cider, I have no idea if they are vegan-friendly or not, but if they are, please consider French cider brands. They typically are a very different beverage than what is considered cider in the international (or British?) meaning. A lot less sugar, and ultimately a totally different taste. While French cider (either from Brittany or Normandy, the two competing regions in this regard) is one of my favorite light drinks, I can't even finish a glass of the sweeter ciders from Bulmers, Magners or Aspall, which shows that they really are distinct types of ciders.
Cider drinkers in France We've long suspected Bretons have west country DNA in them
The UK and Ireland drink twice as much cider as the rest of Europe combined (hic).

Here you can get sweet, medium or dry cider according to your taste. I'm not too keen on some of the dry ones though, they seem to strip your mouth of saliva.

I like to check the cider brewery has it's own orchards and that they're not just buying in concentrate. Personally I really like Thatchers Haze. Thatchers are a growing family brewery and they've just planted 25,000 new trees so by drinking Thatchers Haze I'm also helping save the planet

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post: