Active Topics

So what's the deal with entering a URL in the Firefox address bar and it always adds the extra C in dot com? Please tell me I am not alone here. In case I am....If I type something, then the dot, then com--there is always ".Ccom".

Also, what version of flash does Firefox have on PR1.1. I can not get PR1.2 or download the Flash Player on Ovi, but I just noticed that Firefox does (very poorly) play videos in the browser already.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
So what's the deal with entering a URL in the Firefox address bar and it always adds the extra C in dot com? Please tell me I am not alone here. In case I am....If I type something, then the dot, then com--there is always ".Ccom".

Also, what version of flash does Firefox have on PR1.1. I can not get PR1.2 or download the Flash Player on Ovi, but I just noticed that Firefox does (very poorly) play videos in the browser already.
No such issue on Firefox/pr1.2 here. If you don't have flash player installed, you are using webm/html5 to play videos in ff.

Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
If you don't have flash player installed, you are using webm/html5 to play videos in ff.
Geez, didn't think of that. Duh. Sorry. But I guess I assumed Flash from how poorly it was 'playing'. Really choked on 360p Youtube video.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I'm having a really stupid problem with Firefox on the N9.

Okay, I slide the screen to the right and reveal the tabs pane. At the bottom I click the "+" icon to access my recent history and book marks.

Problem is that I can't back out of this screen. I must open one of these bookmarks/recent addresses, and then slide the screen to the right again to close it.

How can you access your bookmarks list, but just to look at and edit them without first having to open one of the bookmarks?

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
I'm having a really stupid problem with Firefox on the N9.

Okay, I slide the screen to the right and reveal the tabs pane. At the bottom I click the "+" icon to access my recent history and book marks.

Problem is that I can't back out of this screen. I must open one of these bookmarks/recent addresses, and then slide the screen to the right again to close it.

How can you access your bookmarks list, but just to look at and edit them without first having to open one of the bookmarks?
Just tap above the address bar.

The Following User Says Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Yes, I found this annoying as well. I'm not sure if there is even a normal way to get back from that screen without opening some link first. Try asking this here just in case:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=47

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Just tap above the address bar.
On the thin area above? It does nothing (at least for me).

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
On the thin area above? It does nothing (at least for me).
To better describe it, I would say the top edge of the screen. I can honestly say it isn't intuitive.

Last edited by automagic68; 2012-03-14 at 15:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
To better describe it, I would say the top edge of the screen. I can honestly say it isn't intuitive.
wow thanks for this, i guess this is why romaxa diceded to hide the satusbar as it could get in the way.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post

Same problem OP.

If we're sharing problems add the following to the list:

- Using swipe every word is capitalised automatically.
- I am unable to copy text within the browser. If i do manage to somehow higlight the text i cannot bring up the option to copy/paste.