Notices

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
BlessN900 BUG ?!

Someone else can confirm that, after installing BlessN900 the STANDARD PHOTO CAMERA have some contrast issues ?

After installing BlessN900 the standart photo application takes photos with excess of white ( too much exposure ). I uninstalled bless and after reeboting, the standard camera application is back again with good shots

- 20130625_013 is made with the standard setup with the standard camera application, without Bless n900 installed (it was uninstalled and a reboot)

- 20130625_012 i made this photo in the same ambient/light conditions, same setup for standard camera application, with BlessN900 (and f-cam) installed but seems it makes bad photos, especially in the forest or to a white flower surrounded by grass/ white object surrounded by a dark color.

Solutions?
Attached Images

Last edited by SMAr2wo; 2013-06-25 at 12:01.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SMAr2wo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by SMAr2wo View Post
Someone else can confirm that, after installing BlessN900 the STANDARD PHOTO CAMERA have some contrast issues ?
Interesting observation as I have over-exposure and you may have answered why. I have never had the n900 without stock camera, blessn900 and fcam so I never noticed that stock was OK without blessn900 (and you do mean blessn900 alone, as just fcamera does not cause the trouble?)

I found that using the std photo setting in blessn900 produces a better exposure than does the stock.

I also know that there is an exposure related bug in stock (not fixable as fault lies in closed binary blob) where exposure setting -0.5ev makes no difference and -1.0ev tends to too dark, so compensating for the over exposure does not work in stock.

I doubt that blessn900 is developed anymore...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Thanks so much @SMAr2wo ! I have been wondering for so long why both of my N900s always produced photos that were so crap and over-exposed. I saw other peoples' pics and wondered how they ever managed to get non-crappy photos.

The problem meant I usually used BlessN900 just because I couldn't rely on standard cam. I don't want to uninstall BlessN900 though.

I didn't know about the exposure bug either, @handaxe and had wondered why I could never get the right compensation for standard cam's over-exposure tendencies.

Thanks to you both. Maybe there's a workaround... I'm not sure I want to uninstall Bless.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SMAr2wo View Post
BlessN900 BUG ?
Did some testing - Blessn900 is NOT the culprit. It is the fcam-drivers that Blessn900 pulls as a dependency and was developed as part of the Fcamera program.

Test consisted of uninstalling Blessn900 and fcamera and fcam-drivers, rebooting and then using stock camera. Next installed and fcamera (it pulls fcam-drivers) and rebooted. Used stock camera. Outcome evident at this point.

Exposure of stock camera was well balanced without fcamera but evidently washed-out when photo taken after fcamera install. QED.

Damn! Solution will not be simple. Both fcamera and blessn900 expose correctly using fcam-drivers as is....

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Netherlands, Flevoland
I've reinstalled the fcam drivers, that seems to fix the problem with BlessN900 to shutdown when taking a picture.
But another problem I've got is, I need to open the lenscover twice to get a picture showing..?
Any ideas?

The lenscover itself works like it should with any other app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hansie_k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hansie_k View Post
... But another problem I've got is, I need to open the lenscover twice to get a picture showing..?
I have this on occasion and restarting blessn900 usually solves it. But it is rare... I assume you are referring to the "viewfinder" picture?

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
i had this problem too. BlessN900 was unfunctional and the standard camera gave me "operation failure". I just update f-cam from Faster App and now is "ok".

Last edited by SMAr2wo; 2013-08-20 at 23:41.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Tamil Nadu, India
[QUOTE=SMAr2wo;1354576]BlessN900 BUG ?!

Someone else can confirm that, after installing BlessN900 the STANDARD PHOTO CAMERA have some contrast issues

Now that you mention it, I am inclined to believe that BlessN900 is the culprit behind the over exposed shots of the standard camera of my phone. I thought it was due to the CSSU as I'm on CSSU testing. After installing BlessN900 I never used the standard camera app for shooting pictures until a few weeks back because of the time delay between two photos on BlessN900. The image size of the standard app also seems to be low, around 500kb for a widescreen shot.

The Following User Says Thank You to davisrases For This Useful Post:
Which repository should I get this fantastic program from? Had it before full reflash & installing CSSU-Thumb, but can't remember where from did I download it...

Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
Which repository should I get this fantastic program from? Had it before full reflash & installing CSSU-Thumb, but can't remember where from did I download it...
http://blessn900.com/download/
#1 Nokia N900 Feb- 2011 - June - 2013 (Dead motherboard)
#2 Nokia N900 July-2013 (CSSU Stable) - Present
#3 Nokia N900 April-2014 (CSSU Thumb) - Present

The Following User Says Thank You to Ast007 For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, nokia n900