Originally Posted by Dared View Post
I can't seem tup install the update for firefox. Every time i try to upgrade it through device update, the update fails. Anyone got any ideas?
Uninstall firefox on your phone first, then install from Ovi. It worked for me.

balisingh: Does it drain battery when no tabs with content are open? If yes, then it's something to debug / profile. Please file a bug to bugzilla with your findings.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
balisingh: Does it drain battery when no tabs with content are open? If yes, then it's something to debug / profile. Please file a bug to bugzilla with your findings.
yes. bugzilla Mozilla is vast, where do I file the bug, under fennec? give link here.

You can use this link, once you are logged in:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_b...h=dupes|Fennec
(It refers to Fenenc XUL, in contrast with Fennec-Android-native). Describe the OS (Harmattan/version), Firefox version (see in about:support), the issue, and so on.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735749

No back button in firefox for N9 has been deemed to a WONTFIX [Unfortunately,Firefox is no more supported for MeeGo.]

Last edited by myname24; 2012-03-30 at 13:56.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
Swype on N9 is totally horrible, it has a lot of bugs, i wont talk about that.
But my main problem with Firefox is that it sucks battery, even in the background. Has anyone experienced that?
Not attributed the drain to any particular app but yes firefox could be to blame. I just have it plugged in when i use the N9.

Another issue i mentioned before but is now becoming a pain - copy and paste within the browser. I have tried everything but i cant copy text. Anyone know how?

Those who mark it as wontfix aren't supposed to do that (their mistake). Just post the bug numbers here when you post them to BZ. So those who could work on them will be informed.

About the bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735749
There is a non obvious way to go back from the bookmarks All Pages, Bookmarks, History etc. UI. Just tap on the thin area right above the address bar. It should take you back to the previous screen.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
There is a non obvious way to go back from the bookmarks All Pages, Bookmarks, History etc. UI. Just tap on the thin area right above the address bar. It should take you back to the previous screen.
It's a very very thin area and not everytime it will work.

Last edited by myname24; 2012-03-30 at 15:14.

Yes, it's not intuitive and it didn't work for me right away as well.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Am I missing something?

The back button is there, you have to swipe from right to left and arrows will appear. If you have zoomed a lot, you also have to swipe a lot...

Note that I am using a nightly build.